RAM 1500, 2017, 5.7 Hemi - error code 1646

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My story goes like this. I had installed on my car a device that was taking the turn signal from red back lights and putting it to the reverse lights. That electronic device got burned, and I decided to take it out. After a lot of work, reinstalling everything to the initial state of the car, now I get a message of "back right turn light out" even though on eye check everything on outside works just fine. No LEDs are out. When reading error with OBD 2 gives me 1646 error code - constant present, without any possibility of resetting it.
I've read that this kind of error is for a lot of other issues. For example if the passenger side mirror does not work, and other malfunctions. I've checked the backlights myself, all good, no LEDs are out, I even switched the lamps between them, the error is still there.

I run out of ideas, since I do not have a circuit diagram to read the whole schematic...
Any ideas from you guys what can it be ?