2016 ram 1500 5.7 Hemi P0456

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kristenl2784

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello,

I have the dreaded P0456 small evap leak code. I have changed the gas cap, purge valve and leak detection device on top of gas tank. I have a INNOVA 3011 obd2 meter. When I plug it into the truck it shows code P0456 permanent. A yellow light is on, and all the monitors are solid.

I read the manual and it says solid means the monitors are complete. If they were flashing it means they havent completed and if they’re red then there’s a problem. A yellow light means pending or still checking monitors. I have driven the truck 350 miles.

I figured if all monitors are complete then the code would clear. No check engine light has come back on the dash. Anyone have any ideas?

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Codes don't generally clear themselves. If the CEL is out you should be ok.

theskier74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this for a while. It would come on for a couple of weeks, turn off for months, repeat. The last time it was on for a couple of months and I couldn't find the problem (granted did not look too hard). It turned off one day randomly going to the grocery store. Who knows.