Ram 1500 electric power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

katrxna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There’s a recall I found regarding the electric power assist system. This issue causes intermittent loss of power assist, causing inconsistent effort. I’ve called the dealer, they said there’s nothing. It’s big bucks to fix. Anyone else have the same problem.
(Bought the truck used)

Attachments

• IMG_3018.png
    IMG_3018.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 10

JColdIron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check the data plate on your EPS. There is a SN range covered in the recall.

My 2013 would fail to communicate with the EPS during start up intermittently and it would not work. Usually when cold. Warm it up or put a heat gun on it and restart and it would communicate and work just fine. It was weird and mine was not covered in the recall unfortunately.

I searched a bunch. Didn't find anything definitive. One reference to a found cold solder joint in the circuit board in the EPS.

Was going to do the replacement myself but used ones were going for $1500 on ebay as this recall has made good used ones scarce.

I eventually had the dealer replace the EPS after they checked the wiring harness and related connections. $2700. Hurt a lot! Got a warrantee and new tie rods out of the deal though...o_O

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme