Electric power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Angryfish2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need opinions please. I have a 2013 Laramie. In 2020 the electric power steering went out. Because the computer had to be flashed I couldn’t do the repair myself and the 2013’s were not covered in the recall (2014-2019). I spent around 1500 plus a tow bill. Ram customer service basically laughed at me because at that time my truck was 7 years old (only 70,000 mile though)

Fast forward to this week. My power steering is acting up again. It stuck in a turn, then it was ok. When I got home it locked up with the wheels turned all the way to the right. Then it freed up and is ok for the moment but I’m afraid to drive it

The part is now over $2100 plus installation. I cant afford a truck payment and I have to have a tow vehicle. I know Ram isn’t gonna do a dam thing but obviously they did not fix the problem with the part. I have only put 20,000 miles on the truck since the part was installed as I mostly use it to pull trailers.

I am so frustrated at this and at a loss as to what to do. If I spend the money for the new part, I feel like e it will just break again in a few years. I would appreciate any thoughts on the matter.

Thanks in advance

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517