ram 1500 no communication, no crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

refrig1234

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
So im having an escalating issue that might be self inflicted . It started with me trying to track down an issue with a P0480 fault. Long story short i ended up trying to pop apart the TIPM to look for corrosion. It seemed a little too difficult so i pushed it back together and moved on.... this time to the PCM. I successfully got it apart but not without some possibly damaging prying on the corners.
So, found nothing of any interest in there. put everything back together and now the thing doesnt crank over.
the red security dot is flashing at me. I plugged in a scanner ( powered off the OBD2 plug) and its not communicating. No codes, it thinks the trucks off.

I dont have much troubleshooting experience with vehicles. Im not really sure what should have power, where and when. for instance when the key is turned to on. I did a few tests using a test light connected to the battery ground/positive.

jumped the start solnoid relay ; truck cranks over

12V at TIPM B9 C2, 12V at PCM A29 A10 C1 B1+ terminals

Fused ignition run/start ; 12V to A11 on PCM with key on M33 fuse...

starter relay control; B24? (dark grn with orn) No power when key is turned to start

wireless ignt node ; 12v at node lt blu with red..... 12V at TIPM G30 and Node A3 ignition control outputs

ignition off/run/start ; C1 49 pink with white 12V, C1 12 at PCM 12V

ASD relay; Brn/ White 0V at TIPM and PCM

Thanks for any help, if possible add as much instruction as possible as im not familiar with connector locations or sequence of operation

CGDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a similar issue with no crank. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 with 5.7. Just curious, did your Transmission selector lights for PRND all light up? All 4 of my lights are on and get no crank. Checked battery and fuses and all test fine. Checked and cleaned all ground with negative results. I suspect TIPM and or PCM but haven't had a chance to work on it further.