Ram 2500 Truck Bed Cover W/ Ramboxes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brkhllco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 Gas
Hello-

I ordered a Ram Rebel 2500 w/ ramboxes. I am looking for a truck bed cover and would like recommendations. Spoke with real truck.com and they are saying that their covers only work with the silver bed rails. I don't know what my order will have. Silver vs. Black rails. What is the difference and why does ram put out two different type of bed rail kits? Anyone have any recommendation as to a truck bed cover for ram 2500 w/ramboxes that will work with either silver or black rails?

Can Dodge Ram manufacturer maybe help answer this question for me?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I put a Truxedo Sentry cover on my 18 2500. I transferred it to my 22 2500 when it came in. I don't remember any questions about the colors of the rails. I'm happy with the cover, still looks new.

Dieselwill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve had Bacflip fold up and revolver both. I ordered a ‘23 and after 3 trucks and 500,000 miles on my old revolver I ordered a new one. It held up really well.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
You will only get the black rails if you are getting the Mopar factory option bedcover. Otherwise, they will be the silver which most aftermarket companies use those as a mounting point for their hardware.

Jeep2448

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the diamondback, i love how you can load stuff on top of it as well

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Went with the Retrax PowerTrax MxPro on mine for security purposes, works with Ramboxes and the fact the truck sits high and it's real hard for us to reach across the Ramboxes and manually roll it back. And mine came with the silver rails as well