Really starting to hate my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwfillmore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have been eye balling a 2019 limited. I know I cant swing it right now but I have come pretty close to begging the wife on a demo that is for sale.

After seeing the expense all the extras on my Laramie, I don't know if I want another Ram better yet a high end one.

Then my 2016 Laramie with 88k started having issues. Nothing mechanical that would be easy and probably cheaper. I had most of the same issues on my 2014 2500 Laramie.

Let's go through the electrical list of BS.
1. Overhead console with LED's X 2 ( actually 4 times, bought 2 off ebay that didn't work) Actually by 3 1 under warranty.
2. analog speedometer goes cuckoo for cocoa puffs between 67-80mph.
3. homelink module twice (2nd time cost me $493 installed)
4. multi function lever (turn signals)
5. Rear tail light assembly needs to be changed ( $200 minimum with shipping) Any idea how many incandescent bulbs I could have changed for that.
6. All the bulbs in the high center stop light because the seal leaked multiple times.
7. Park sense is a joke. If it drizzles that goes cuckoo for cocoa puffs.
Anyone else have all these issues or just me? Could all of this (other than high center lights) be caused by one bad harness somewhere? If so which one?
I've only had one issue with my 1500. The radio went black in the middle of GPS navigation. You could not turn it off or mute it. All the way home we had to listen to it telling us to turn around!!! We'd already passed the GPS location...

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well time to bring it out to the back of the barn and shoot it>>only kidding some trucks are just a problem had one in 2013 could not wait till I traded that MF in . Now got a Laramie some problems but with today's products its going to happen. Good luck on your new truck if it passes your wife's OK

jbowen52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
The only electrical issue I've seen in my '14 Bighorn is the cruise control will occasionally not be available. After restarting the truck it usually comes back. Obviously some type of computer issue where rebooting the system restores the function. Otherwise no issues.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sounds like you're cuckoo for cocoa puffs wanting a new 19 Ram. Can't say I blame you.
If you are wanting potential for troubles buy a Gen 5. Mine has been towed 4 times since February beginning about 2100 miles and no diagnosis to date. Battery goes dead

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been eye balling a 2019 limited. I know I cant swing it right now but I have come pretty close to begging the wife on a demo that is for sale.

After seeing the expense all the extras on my Laramie, I don't know if I want another Ram better yet a high end one.

Then my 2016 Laramie with 88k started having issues. Nothing mechanical that would be easy and probably cheaper. I had most of the same issues on my 2014 2500 Laramie.

1. Overhead console with LED's X 2 ( actually 4 times, bought 2 off ebay that didn't work) Actually by 3 1 under warranty.
5. Rear tail light assembly needs to be changed ( $200 minimum with shipping) Any idea how many incandescent bulbs I could have changed for that.
6. All the bulbs in the high center stop light because the seal leaked multiple times.
Anyone else have all these issues or just me? Could all of this (other than high center lights) be caused by one bad harness somewhere? If so which one?

I have had two Longhorns and had two of your problems ... I too had a leak in the high center brake light that kept blowing on my 2013 ... I took the cover off myself, replaced the bulb and used some window weather stripping to ensure a better seal, which fixed the problem ...
My dash kept telling me my right taillight was out but when I checked it was working fine ... then I realized that it was the centre brake light tripping the warning ... You didn't mention why you had to replace your right taillight assembly, so I'll assume you had another issue with that as opposed to the Centre brake light ...
In my 2017, I too find the parksense sensors are touchy, but I just simply turn them off ...
I'm eyeing a new style RAM as well, but I'm going to wait for the 2020 model ... That of course if FCA doesn't over-price them which seems to be the trend !!

CYSTemrebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 liter
My 08 2500 has over 300000 km on it with only minor issues and for long time none at all. Six speed 5.7 performs well. I expect to keep this truck for 10 more years minimum. I know it now. Would not trade.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2012 with no electrical issues or mechanical issues--by far the best truck I have ever owned-but I guess there will always be the odd lemon out there with every brand of trucks and cars. -and boats and stereos and snowblowers etc.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I didn't have a 2019 Limited, then I would hate my truck too..... nothing else compares! I had the moisture in the parking sensor issue on my 2017 but not as bad you your's sounds.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yikes! Mine's a 2017. I had the backup camera in the tailgate replaced under warranty. That's it.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I have three cars. I never felt satisfied with my 2016 Range Rover chick cost $108.k. ( In two years I put less that 1000 miles on it. ) I have a maxed out Limited 1500 and I searched every where because I had to have the eTorque V6. I would have saved thousands more with a Hemi. They are abundantly available. The eTorque V6 is excellent, while no where near Range Rover super charger power I am more than satisfied. I'm not looking to race anyone for a ribbon. In a month I put 955 miles on my RAM. The air suspension ride reminds me of the late 1960-1970's Lincoln Town Car magic car ride only with excellent handling for such a big boat. The back seat in the Ram is "wayyy" bigger than those old boats. I love the car, if you test drive the car you will find the excuse to buy one. The limited interior is in my opinion exceeds the Range Rover HSC. The technology is second to none. I don't know any luxury cars out there with all this technology. My brother was happy to take my Range Rover, and when he picks me up for coffee, I realize how much happier I am in the RAM.

HemiTO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well at this point I will seem to be the lone voice of dissent. But then again my definition of "best vehicle" is one that works without issue AND lasts more than a few years beyond the warranty. It's been at the dealership for over a month and a half. Kind of hard to make a living with a work truck that doesn't work.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
been on vacation.
1. 3 LED's in the passenger side tail light randomly go out. It trips that damn ding constantly. The whole light isn't out but those 3 diodes sure make a lot of racket. and the blinker blinks super fast.
2. Went and test drove a demo longhorn. HOly crap that thing was nice.
2a. I am on a car allowance but that is no longer a tax deduction. Note would be roughly $900 a month.....
2b. I didn't mind fixing random crap because it was a tax deduction.
2C. I am just really tired of every week some random thing going out.
3. High stop light was fixed with the foam fix on this website. Leak started bc someone broke my back glass and had to have it replaced.

Thanks of for the laughs.

Slevin

Reaction score
I have three cars. I never felt satisfied with my 2016 Range Rover chick cost $108.k. ( In two years I put less that 1000 miles on it. ) I have a maxed out Limited 1500 and I searched every where because I had to have the eTorque V6. I would have saved thousands more with a Hemi. They are abundantly available. The eTorque V6 is excellent, while no where near Range Rover super charger power I am more than satisfied. I'm not looking to race anyone for a ribbon. In a month I put 955 miles on my RAM. The air suspension ride reminds me of the late 1960-1970's Lincoln Town Car magic car ride only with excellent handling for such a big boat. The back seat in the Ram is "wayyy" bigger than those old boats. I love the car, if you test drive the car you will find the excuse to buy one. The limited interior is in my opinion exceeds the Range Rover HSC. The technology is second to none. I don't know any luxury cars out there with all this technology. My brother was happy to take my Range Rover, and when he picks me up for coffee, I realize how much happier I am in the RAM.

That's funny, I too am more interested in the v6 than the 5.7. I've a few Chargers with the 5.7 and while fun, the mileage was horrible. I ended up getting an '18 Ecodiesel and love it, but if I had to replace it I'd get a 2019 etorque v6 Laramie (you know, budget-luxury)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93