Rear door locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a ram 2008 1500, both rear door locks no longer respond to key fob, or door lock/unlock switch. I can manually unlock/lock both doors. Both rear door locks stopped working at the same time. This truck is mine & wife daily driver. I find it weird that both rear door actuators would go out at the same time. Does anyone know if there is a fuse/ common wire. Were should I start troubleshooting?

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Sounds like a broken wire in the driver's door. Check inside the rubber wire gasket in the open area of the drivers door. Possibly one or more of the wires could be broken open.

Mike

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Common cause is the wiring that goes into the door from the pillar post. Could be only 1 wire broken or it could be more. I had same problem when I first got my truck (used) and I ended up splicing a bunch of wires and putting new flexible conduit over them. No problems since. The wires break simply from the doors being opened and closed. It's not a major undertaking and you'll find lots of vids online regarding it. Good luck,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357