Rear resonator question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram1683

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forgive me if this is in the wrong spot. Does anybody know if the 2 factory resonators are restrictive at all? They're the only stock left in the system and I can't obviously see them.

CanuckRam1313

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Having the OEM resonators in place is a preference at best in my opinion only.

I personally have them removed, and in place in my truck is a Magnaflow 3" cat-back system.

However, if you wish to have a truly 'free-flowing' system in addition to the above, then have the stock y-pipe removed and replace it with a custom made one. I have this on my truck and really like it.

If you're up to speed on this you'll know the OEM y-pipe has a pair of 2.5" pipes smashed together that forms a huge bottleneck in the exhaust system. Change this and you'll open up a whole new level of 'free flow exhaust breathing' for your truck.

The 'obnoxious' part comes in to play when you choose what you want for the cat back part of the equation.

There are so many choices when it comes to this aspect of ones exhaust system. For me personally, I prefer Magnaflow as it is the nicest sound, especially under wide open throttle. But, to each their own in this regard.

I personally don't like raspy and loud... for me, Corsa, Borla, etc., have that sound level I don't prefer. But again, this is truly a personal choice.

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My understanding is that they are essentially a hollow can. Any minimal gains from removing wouldn't be worth the added droning. Cats and muffler are "new" on mine, resonator is the only thing that's still factory.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
definitely send that factory y to the recycle bin, its not even worth the steel its stamped out of, a shameful smash and clamp job from ol ma mopar :33:

lucky for us we got things for that
:superhack:

Attachments

• Resized_20210402_124921.jpeg
    Resized_20210402_124921.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 34

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Remove the resonators. It will sound better. I’m not sure how restrictive they are but since removing mine, I’m much happier with the sound quality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
byteme