rear view mirror with back up cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi everybody I'm new to this forum, I just purchased a 2002 ram QC. A few years back I had a Chevy Avalanche that I decked out with DD head unit and 4 monitors. Unfortunately I had sell it. Now with this truck I'm looking to some upgrades. I was hoping to get the RB1 and hook up a back up cam but after reading through this forum I see that HU. Won't except the camera. I'm not interested in doing a DD mod or having the flip up monitor,so I'm wondering if anyone here has installed a rearview mirror with cam? If you have please tell me which unit you have. Or if there is away to connect a cam to a stock hu with adapter please point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll spend almost as much on the mirror as a dd and nav bezel. The nav bezel is a plug and play swap- no fab needed. And the mirrors suck.

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Welcome to Ram Forum. I agree with George on the back up camera.

OP
OP
02blkram47

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the welcome and the replies. I guess I need to see more pictures of the DD mod, because I don't want to end up with the screen surrounded by flat blank space on each side out to the bezel. If the bezel can be made to surround the screen with little to no gap then I agree that would fine. I was hoping that there was an adapter to connect a backup cam to one of the stock navigation head units that fit the 02 model. Is there such a thing? By the way this a great forum thanks for all the good threads.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
^ not sure about on an OEM radio, but I definitely agree that the rearview mirror cameras suck, a friend has one and you can barely see what you are doin lol

SMITHY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram Quad 4x4
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Welcome to RF, when you get something handled on this let me know, cuz it would be nice to have something to look at when backing up....LOL

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Welcome to RF! If your looking for a double din bezel, if you decide to go that route, Weedahoe has you covered!

http://www.ramforum.com/f21/custom-double-din-bezel-sale-6148/

As for the backup camera, I would go with a double din screen, and use input the backup camera in the back. My buddy had a camera in his mirror on his toyota, and it kinda sucked. Way too small, and it stopped working several times.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500