removing deployable side steps and fitting fixed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baldnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to buy another Ram 1500 (Laramie) it has deployable side steps which I don't like the look of, I would prefer the fixed permanent ones. Does anyone know if you can remove them and fit the permanent side steps?

Thanks in advance.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Yes you can, but I would suggest you try thhe deployable ones for a bit first. I think you will find that you really like them. I actually like the look of them retracted, nice clean sides and they are well up and out of the way. In the parking lot I leave them deployed to protect the truck from door dings.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking to buy another Ram 1500 (Laramie) it has deployable side steps which I don't like the look of, I would prefer the fixed permanent ones. Does anyone know if you can remove them and fit the permanent side steps?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah am the complete opposite. I prefer the look of no steps but like steps. The powered steps are great and not just for looks. When deployed the are at the right height to get in and or out of the truck. They work great and would suggest using them for a bit before replacing them. You can probably remove them and sell them to pay for another set if you do not like.

OP
OP
baldnut

baldnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the biggest issue is I regret and miss my old truck and I want to make the new one look as much as possible like the old one!!

Sad times....

Attachments

• IMG_7848.jpeg
    IMG_7848.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5