Removing old paint from interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ab22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey all, recently picked up a 2500. A painter must have owned it before me because it is filthy on the inside. There are paint splotches all over the seats, arm rests, dash, everywhere. I knew this when I bought it and figured I could clean it up pretty easily. I am having a hell of a time getting it cleaned up. Any tips on cleaning up the paint? I have leather seats which it is soaked into, as well as various plastic pieces around the interior.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
If it’s oil based paint it’s going to fight you to the death. I would attack it with a steamer as that’s probably your best chance with removal. Another alternative would be to take it to a professional detailer and just pay the bill they give you as you may spend more money chasing products that might work.
@ab22

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree about the professional detailer. You might check their price and compare it with a set of "take out" leather seats you see advertised from time to time.
Jay

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you are planning to use acetone or any type of chemical, just try it first on inconspicuous area.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01