Retaining bolt for air intake box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pitcherofnectar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I am missing the bolt that holds the air box to the frame. Pic related. Tried to replace it with a 27mm m8 bolt with a big washer but either it’s a different size or the threads on the frame are rusted/stripped and the bolt I tried was too small Looking into self tapping stainless m10 bolts but not sure if that’s the right move. Hard to find a part number for this on mopar site… anyone know the part #?
2015 ram 3500 Laramie 6.7

Attachments

• IMG_5474.jpeg
    IMG_5474.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
P

pitcherofnectar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Also a little tricky to get a clip nut or any nut for that matter into the pipe without removing a lot of stuff but prob could be done, just want to get it right

OP
OP
P

pitcherofnectar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Should also note that I’m getting check engine light and codes P2280, P0607. And every time I step on the throttle I get a “service air filter” message with a ding. When I opened the box to see if the filter was clogged it looked fine to me and I notice the bolt missing. When I buttoned it back up the engine light was gone and no more dinging, until I hit a bump and it started again. I don’t think the MAP sensor is bad, I just think the system is out of whack bc the box is out of position and isn’t sealing correctly.
VIN 3C63R3EL6FG625277 if that helps.
197k mi

OP
OP
P

pitcherofnectar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Got the screw from AMParts.
Put it on, ran pretty good for while but when I floored it up to wot on the hwy the check engine came on again along with service air filter message. Maybe it is the MAF. Showing 28 on the boost

truck2569

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the screw from AMParts.
Put it on, ran pretty good for while but when I floored it up to wot on the hwy the check engine came on again along with service air filter message. Maybe it is the MAF. Showing 28 on the boost
Even though the air filter looks clean have you tried replacing it for ***** and giggles.