Retro projectors advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys think I'm going to spend part of my tax return on some new lights for my 2013 cc express. I am going to go with the retro fitted quads and wanted some advice/opinions especially from you guys that have them. If you do have them, how do you like them how have they held up? Did you get new ones or send yours out? I want some good bright light but I don't want to blind people/get pulled over. Should I go with the 35w or the 55w? What temp do you like? I'm thinking 5K. Is the canbus adapter fine or should I spend the extra 20$ on the mopar? MiniGatling or Gatling gun 2.0? I'm sure some of this info may be out there but this may be a good one stop thread for people looking to buy. Below is a pic of my truck and the paint scheme I'm thinking. Look forward to the replies. Thanks for the help.
20150227_154630.jpg

4G.QD.RETRO-7S.jpg

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the paint and I think the mini gattlings would work well. I believe you are going to want the mopar specific one but JJ really would be that authority to ask on that. I like 5K as white light looks the best to me and people don't call you a jerk for having blue headlights and blinding them. 35w has been adequate for me but tons of people go 55w which is what I am going to do when I do my fog lights.

OP
OP
Z

zap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Etroze, Thanks for the info. On your fogs are you retrofitting them with projectors or just putting HID in the stock housing? I want the color to match but not sure how the stock housings will focus the beam of an HID. I also don't really one to spend another 600 on fogs, hoping just the HIDs will be alright in the fogs.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh I should have clarified I am just going to move my 35w balsts with correct bulbs to fogs not actual retro fit. I also don't use my fogs right now because the mini H1s that I have in an aftermarket set of headlights do a damn good job of illuminating the road.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
here's my 2 cents.....

Shroud - if you do that paint scheme, the shroud isn't even seen. Don't drop the $$ on the larger shrouds.

Harness - Canbus adapter will work great on your 13.

35W 5K is my go to! I love that combo.