Rigged cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen several complaints on here about the cup holders not holding cans well... and I agree. My (used) truck did not come with the inserts, so I ordered some from Amazon, and while I was on there I came across the Dorman 41000 cup holder insert for GM vehicles. I went ahead and ordered one and it fits about 99%. There's a small gap around the top of the ring, but the bottom of the ring nests pretty much perfectly into the cup holder. I tried pulling a drink can in and out and it works well and it does not tip (as with the factory insert). Granted, I've only had about a 2 minute test, but it appears to work well.

Attachments

• CupHolder.jpg
    CupHolder.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 68

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
You should hold yer beer while rollin. Does it bite the can enough where you would fumble a little bit trying to get it out or is it smooth in and out?

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like it was pretty smooth in and out. I did notice this morning that it's tight for a 20oz plastic bottle (Coke). So, I may leave the configuration as pictured above and use the GM holder for cans and the Ram holder for bottles.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You should hold yer beer while rollin. Does it bite the can enough where you would fumble a little bit trying to get it out or is it smooth in and out?

Seems like it was pretty smooth in and out. I did notice this morning that it's tight for a 20oz plastic bottle (Coke).

My mind went a whole other direction with these comments... :roflsquared: