SCG PRO Tire Dressing and Conditioner Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Lots of talk about tire dressings lately and I though it would be important to illustrate the various finishes you can achieve with SCG Pro Tire Dressing & Conditioner. For todays test I used it at 3 different diliutions:

• Full strength right out of the bottle
  • 1:1 dilution (50% water, 50% product)
  • 2:1 dilution (66.67% water, 33.33% product)

Obviously the dilutions are nearly infinite, but I find these to be the 3 most common ways to use the product as they fit the glossy, medium satin, and matte criteria that various users might be looking for.

The pallet for this test is a take off BMW wheel from a friend. First, because no one wants to look at a dirty wheel I cleaned both the wheel and the tire thoroughly and dried them to make sure there was no additional water that would mess with my results.

The tire was rather dry and chalky looking given the lack of dressing or protection on the surface:
_DSC0303_zpsee0fc781.jpg

To keep track of what dilution was applied where I segmented the tire into 3 roughly equal sizes using tape and marked my zones for each dilution:
_DSC0304_zps123e1582.jpg

RESULTS - FULL STRENGTH
Straight out of the bottle TDC produces a nice, rich gloss, but isn't greasy or oily. The shine isn't over the top glossy like some silicone laden products, but it is glossy enough that it puts a little glisten to the surface of the rubber.
_DSC0325_zpsd37a5938.jpg

_DSC0331_zpsf55c557a.jpg

RESULTS - 1:1 DILUTION
The 50/50 mixture is probably what I see people reaching for the most. It still produces a good amount of gloss and is thin enough to be sprayed on. This makes it ideal for use on tires with aggressive or complex sidewalls. The finish is more satin and just like the full strength application is dry to the touch within moments and won't sling. _DSC0326_zpsca0bd95a.jpg

_DSC0333_zpsa6685549.jpg

RESULTS - 2:1 DILUTION
This is the perfect solution for someone who likes their tires to be dressed, but just wants a natural rubber look. Compared to the undressed sections its clear that there is protection on the surface and the rubber is darker, but the tire looks nice and matte. This same dilution works well on matte finish wheels to maintain an even look without gloss.
_DSC0327_zpsdcb3e9c6.jpg

_DSC0332_zps57ec5106.jpg
-Dylan VonKliest

AND a 3 Part Comparison for you all to enjoy.
TDC_2_Ways_zps72f2ba65.png

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Sounds great if this work computer would let me see the pics. Some it does...some it doesn't. Very nice write up either way. Thank you!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for sharing along with the pictures. I don't remember you saying how long it would last under "normal circumstances".
Jay

OP
OP
S

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for sharing along with the pictures. I don't remember you saying how long it would last under "normal circumstances".
Jay

With SCGPro Tire Dressing and Conditioner, in Colorado, on my daily driven TBSS, at 1:1, I am getting about three weeks maybe a little more before I notice it needed re-done.

twooldfarmers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
does this particular brand of treatment have a ratio that doesn't collect dust

it looks like the 2 to 1 mixture shouldn't

whats the verdict on this ?

OP
OP
S

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
does this particular brand of treatment have a ratio that doesn't collect dust

it looks like the 2 to 1 mixture shouldn't

whats the verdict on this ?

Even at 1:1 I am not getting any dust collecting on the tires.
:favorites13:

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I assume you're in Huntington. What is your address? I might swing by, say"hey" and grab a bottle.

OP
OP
S

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So, I assume you're in Huntington. What is your address? I might swing by, say"hey" and grab a bottle.

Phone:
Local (714)894-1707
Toll Free (866)970-SURF

Address:
5872 Engineer Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649

However, with Surf City Garage having multiple buildings with the collection, offices, and filling, strung across a couple of blocks, it's best to call first. Maybe they can pull the order for you and have it ready upon arrival.
:favorites13: