Seat wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill c

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019:limited
Engine
5.7 hemi

I have asked on the forum if any one has had any trouble with the wear on the seats of a new Ram limited but I don’t think I am getting it out on the forum?

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I steered clear of the leather in the Limited and went with the the deluxe cloth in a Big Horn. The Leather looked just like my wifes 2018 Grand Cherokee .. looks nice but 9 months later it is showing alot of wear.. the wife has said something to me multiple times how her other leather seats in her other cars lasted,,, than again her last 3 vehicles were Cadillac's..

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don’t have leather, purposely. The quality of leather that is used on cars and even some cheap furniture is extremely suspect.

I wouldn’t let leather affect your decision on what model you want though, you can always add leather aftermarket or even replace it with better aftermarket once it’s worn.

TcRoc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t have leather, purposely. The quality of leather that is used on cars and even some cheap furniture is extremely suspect.

I wouldn’t let leather affect your decision on what model you want though, you can always add leather aftermarket or even replace it with better aftermarket once it’s worn.

Well Howdy Neighbor Troutspinner , I'm right down the road in Limerick

Silver Goose

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 Larame Longhorn
Engine
Cummings 6.7 Diesel
I like leather, but it must be cared for. The leather in my 1998 Dodge Ram is still very soft and pliable. I have been using leather care products from Meguiars for many years, but after reviewing the videos on the Detailed Image site I think I will try a product called "Letherique" and the associated leather cleaner "Rejuvenator". Some of the videos have shown great results in leather seats 20-30 years old. It is worth a try.

Good Luck

Larry

limited delmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hard to say what my Limited seat will look like at 100k miles, but a 8k miles they still look brand new.

Jeffsgilde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try Griots Garage Leather conditioner. I detail cars and trucks and have been using it for 25 years. All of their products are the absolute best. Concurs quality products. Their waxes and sealants blow Meguiers out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I have asked on the forum if any one has had any trouble with the wear on the seats of a new Ram limited but I don’t think I am getting it out on the forum?
I've had a lot of cars with 'leather' and one thing I've taken away is they are not all created equal and leather isn't usually leather. I'm 6'2, 200lbs and my seats still look brand new. I'm OCD to the definition of the word. If you're a little height challenged or tend to slide your ass across the outer edge when you get in that's where the first wrinkles start to appear. That being said my seat has very minimal wrinkles/lines after 9800 miles of ownership. I do take care for the most part and intentionally take it easy when getting in and out. In fact, I'm not sure a sane person would even take notice of the wrinkles/lines at all. My seats are that suede/leather mix and I love em'...I did try the cloth seats on a big horn and they were fantastic as well depending on your preference. I'm sure it's no-contest as to which would hold up better over the life of the vehicle but if you take care of your stuff I don't think you'll be disappointed.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I always get the leather and have never had a problem. the perforated seats on my laramie look like they are going to stretch and will before long have that sat in look. will just have to keep an eye on that. I weigh 225# and dont think that should stress the leather. the 2017 sierra I traded in had the perforated seats and they looked brand new when I traded.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
The leather does seem to show excess wear after a year of use. The Big Horn cloth seems to hold up the best so far

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990