Rear Seat Courtesy Light Bezel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie Edition has little lights (likely LED's) on the underside of the folding rear seats that point down at the floor when the seat is down and annoyingly straight ahead when the seat is up. The one on the driver's side had the plastic mounting bezel come off and disappear and the light fell back through the fabric hole dropping down about 12 inches. I could see it come on through the mesh fabric, but it really doesn't do much in there. I fished it out with a bent coat hanger and go it through the mounting hole. Now I'm stuck. I went to the dealer, but was told we don't sell the bezel alone. For a quick $100.00 we'll sell you an entire new light with the wiring harness, bezel and plug to connect it all up. Great....$100.00 for what...a 10 cent part? I declined!! Did I say I'm stuck?? Anyone here got a source for that little bezel? If not I may have to make a trip to Ace Hardware to see if I can find a grommet that will work. Think a wrecking yard might have/part with one?

Thanks for any ideas.
Vern

What I had before I fished the light out through the hole.jpg

Attachments

• What it should look like.jpg
    What it should look like.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Those lights plug in under the rear seat, back in the rear corners 1695716949582.png

1695717349523.png
1695717504777.png

1695717556837.png

2013-2019 RAM 1500 2500 REAR FOOTWELL LAMP LIGHT BEZEL OEM NEW MOPAR

1695718139410.png

these appear to be the same part

For 99-19 Jeep Dodge Ram Interior White LED Courtesy Footwell Lights #68395784AA

jimbelk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie Edition has little lights (likely LED's) on the underside of the folding rear seats that point down at the floor when the seat is down and annoyingly straight ahead when the seat is up. The one on the driver's side had the plastic mounting bezel come off and disappear and the light fell back through the fabric hole dropping down about 12 inches. I could see it come on through the mesh fabric, but it really doesn't do much in there. I fished it out with a bent coat hanger and go it through the mounting hole. Now I'm stuck. I went to the dealer, but was told we don't sell the bezel alone. For a quick $100.00 we'll sell you an entire new light with the wiring harness, bezel and plug to connect it all up. Great....$100.00 for what...a 10 cent part? I declined!! Did I say I'm stuck?? Anyone here got a source for that little bezel? If not I may have to make a trip to Ace Hardware to see if I can find a grommet that will work. Think a wrecking yard might have/part with one?

Thanks for any ideas.
Vern

View attachment 528949
Thanks. I just discovered I have the same problem

OP
OP
VOwens

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was able to find the bezel online. Try moparpartsonsale.com. I think this is the specific page https://www.moparpartsonsale.com/v-...8-gas/electrical--lamps-interior-and-exterior. Find part number 7 down the page. There are three parts listed all called "LED bezel". Unfortunately I can't recall which one fit my 2017. You'll probably need to call and talk it through. For all I know all three are the same. It took a few weeks to get the part in the mail and it's a bugger to install, but once in everything fits nicely. Good luck.

jimbelk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
VOwens

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just took a coat hanger and bent a hook on the end. By taking a bright LED flashlight and shining it on the seat underside I was able to see the hook move down and catch the wire to pull it up to the opening. Once there snap the light into the bezel then work the bezel into the "buttonhole" Ram gave you to hold it in place.

jimbelk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was able to find the bezel online. Try moparpartsonsale.com. I think this is the specific page https://www.moparpartsonsale.com/v-...8-gas/electrical--lamps-interior-and-exterior. Find part number 7 down the page. There are three parts listed all called "LED bezel". Unfortunately I can't recall which one fit my 2017. You'll probably need to call and talk it through. For all I know all three are the same. It took a few weeks to get the part in the mail and it's a bugger to install, but once in everything fits nicely. Good luck.
How do you get the bezel in the hole

OP
OP
VOwens

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Once I snapped the light into the bezel I worked one side of the bezel into the hole then slowly worked it around applying pressure to the bezel. It took awhile but finally snapped into place. Don't press on the light or you'll snap it back out of the bezel and have to start over. Stay with and you'll get it. Other members have noted that the harness disconnects down on the outside edges of the seat. I saw that as no value info since your're still left with getting that bezel to snap into the fabric. If you buy the entire harness just to get a bezel Ram is going to charge over $100.

jimbelk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once I snapped the light into the bezel I worked one side of the bezel into the hole then slowly worked it around applying pressure to the bezel. It took awhile but finally snapped into place. Don't press on the light or you'll snap it back out of the bezel and have to start over. Stay with and you'll get it. Other members have noted that the harness disconnects down on the outside edges of the seat. I saw that as no value info since your're still left with getting that bezel to snap into the fabric. If you buy the entire harness just to get a bezel Ram is going to charge over $100.
Do you have to buy the entire harness to get a replacement light?

OP
OP
VOwens

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I assumed that was the case. I never inspected the light to see if it would disconnect from the harness. Once the Ram dealer told me the price of the harness I knew I wasn't going down that road.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is just another example of the dealers being less than helpful or less than honest to make money. They either know that this bezel is available or in the sad state we are in with parts guys ONLY knowing what the computer tells him and he didn't see the part being sold separately.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
DYI

this is Over Kill

OP
OP
VOwens

VOwens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My parts guy was not waiting for a call from NASA. Whether or not he knew the bezel was available separately, didn't care to look, or just chose the most expensive option will remain a great question of the universe. Bottom line ...when I received the part from the online seller I noted above it came in Ram packaging. Clearly they got it from Ram. So was the bezel available to my parts guy?? I think pretty much for sure!! I got the part, it's fixed, and I'm happy. What more could a guy want? Don't even go there.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat