September 2020 TOTM Voting Poll

Pick your September 2020 TOTM favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The time has come to vote for the September 2020 Truck of the Month winner in the poll above.​

Our first theme is your truck with an American Flag.​

The winner of the September TOTM vote will set October's theme.​

@OnSale

OnSale.jpg
OnSale2.jpg

@JB1

B1BEFD65-72CA-46EC-B480-002454767DA6.jpeg

FYI,
I reached out to everyone nominated to ask if they wanted to participate and to send me pics if they did. This first TOTM we have two participants that sent in pics.

Last edited:

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
In my honest opinion, the whole process of nomination, and then seconding is way to difficult. The result is that some (most) people that are nominated, do not want to participate.

1) Pick a theme
2) People can submit their pictures.
3) People vote

All the same rules about winners not being able to participate, etc. can still apply.

Just a thought. :)

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
In my honest opinion, the whole process of nomination, and then seconding is way to difficult. The result is that some (most) people that are nominated, do not want to participate.

1) Pick a theme
2) People can submit their pictures.
3) People vote

All the same rules about winners not being able to participate, etc. can still apply.

Just a thought. :)

Well it would be a bit difficult to have a voting poll with 20-40 even 100 members competing. There has to be some sort of process where a number of people are picked, or nominated, (5 people in this case) for the voting round. Otherwise it becomes overclogged and too many people to vote for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Well it would be a bit difficult to have a voting poll with 20-40 even 100 members competing...

"First 10 pictures submitted will be entered for the T.O.T.M. voting..."

Problem solved. :D

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
"First 10 pictures submitted will be entered for the T.O.T.M. voting..."

Problem solved. :D

There's no control and some unhappy members who weren't up during the wee hours to post if it was that open.

However, it does have the benefit of someone being nominated who doesn't want to participate.

Maybe all we need to do is open a Enter The TOTM Contest thread for a specific period of time. First 5 members who post a pic are in, the rest of ya are SOL. ;)

Staff will discuss the process after this month's contest is decided.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Maybe all we need to do is open a Enter The TOTM Contest thread for a specific period of time. First 5 members who post a pic are in, the rest of ya are SOL. ;)

Excellent. :)

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
The nomination process would be more inclusive if the nominator would post a pic of the truck he is nominating. I couldn't find pics on many of the nominations, and therefor couldn't second any of them. This was frustrating.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The nomination process would be more inclusive if the nominator would post a pic of the truck he is nominating. I couldn't find pics on many of the nominations, and therefor couldn't second any of them. This was frustrating.

We are still working on how to make the process work better, next month some of the rules and processes will be changing.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

We are going to fix that with the next month's contest. Stay tuned!

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Interesting TOTM, one stock truck with some suspension work to fit big wheels and the other stock truck appears to have headlights and vinyl, both with some sort of patriarch background.

This is good for the site, but anyone can take a vehicle shot off the parking lot with some editing skills and handheld camera to turn in a decent photograph. It's basically a popularity contest on a forum anyway, but videos/mod list/timeslips (member album) goes a lot further for people who aren't regulars on the site in making a decision.

Edit-My point is that this is an elementary photo of the month. I could point out 10 4G Rams I pass daily on my commute that have 35s, a lift kit, and some aftermarket headlights and stickers.

Mods list gains support for your vendors and other suppliers/tuners/etc. Ex. Oh, you have a X subwoofer/amp/stereo system that I didn't know about before, tell me more... Instead of seeing the exact same question from new members daily every time I click 'new posts', the current member builds/TOTM can give them ideas while promoting brands.

What's the award for this, another badge next to your profile name? Carry on sheep with your participation awards...

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting TOTM, one stock truck with some suspension work to fit big wheels and the other stock truck appears to have headlights and vinyl with the topic background.

This is good for the site, but anyone can take a vehicle shot off the parking lot with some editing skills and handheld camera to turn in a decent photograph. It's basically a popularity contest on a forum anyway, but videos/mod list/timeslips (member album) goes a lot further for people who aren't regulars on the site in making a decision.

I don't understand the point of your post. You are trying to take something away from the quality of these photos and the modifications the owners made. Both of these trucks are more modified than you stated and I am sure you know that as you have been here for a long time.

The mods lists, videos, timeslips etc... Don't matter and will not be part of the TOTM contest.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What's the award for this, another badge next to your profile name? Carry on sheep with your participation awards...

U mad bro?

Not a good enough effort for trying to revive TOTM as far as you are concerned, eh?

Well, I guess we can't please 'em all.

Thanks for your participation.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I'm not sure why people have to **** on someone's idea. This is just for fun. some people just don't want to be part of the community

Status
Not open for further replies.