September 2020 TOTM Voting Poll

Pick your September 2020 TOTM favorite

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's an idea.... On the Honda Ruckus forum I use to moderate we made a calendar each year with the pictures of the "Ride of the Month" winners picture on each month. We sold them and used the money to keep the forum running.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
Interesting TOTM, one stock truck with some suspension work to fit big wheels and the other stock truck appears to have headlights and vinyl, both with some sort of patriarch background.

This is good for the site, but anyone can take a vehicle shot off the parking lot with some editing skills and handheld camera to turn in a decent photograph. It's basically a popularity contest on a forum anyway, but videos/mod list/timeslips (member album) goes a lot further for people who aren't regulars on the site in making a decision.

Edit-My point is that this is an elementary photo of the month. I could point out 10 4G Rams I pass daily on my commute that have 35s, a lift kit, and some aftermarket headlights and stickers.

Mods list gains support for your vendors and other suppliers/tuners/etc. Ex. Oh, you have a X subwoofer/amp/stereo system that I didn't know about before, tell me more... Instead of seeing the exact same question from new members daily every time I click 'new posts', the current member builds/TOTM can give them ideas while promoting brands.

What's the award for this, another badge next to your profile name? Carry on sheep with your participation awards...

Geeze, what is the point of this negative? At least give some constructive comment.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here's an idea.... On the Honda Ruckus forum I use to moderate we made a calendar each year with the pictures of the "Ride of the Month" winners picture on each month. We sold them and used the money to keep the forum running.

We did the same thing on a Chrysler 300 forum. Thanks for bringing that up.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
You guys are going to have to do better than this if you want my $40 donation next year in both regards.

Speaking of which, none of these “candidates” even support the site but get nominated for answering newb questions. Grab a six pack and check my PM box where I don’t troll snowflakes.

I like the calendar idea, maybe discounts on vendor product. I dunno, but I sure as hell am not taking a special photo for a virtual pat on the back.

OP
OP
G-Ride990

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You guys are going to have to do better than this if you want my $40 donation next year in both regards.

Speaking of which, none of these “candidates” even support the site but get nominated for answering newb questions. Grab a six pack and check my PM box where I don’t troll snowflakes.

I like the calendar idea, maybe discounts on vendor product. I dunno, but I sure as hell am not taking a special photo for a virtual pat on the back.

TOTM Rules

Where in the rules does it say you have to be a supporting member to participate? These guys have cool trucks which is why they were nominated.

I don't care if you don't want to take a special photo, no one here asked. Participation is voluntary.

We are working on growing this contest into something that vendors would want to back. Making this contest more than just a popularity contest is 100% my goal and the only reason I agreed to volunteer my time into setting up and running it. It will be much more than a banner an an atta boy.

Seems to me like you are being the snowflake here... Thinking that since you have an opinion, we care to hear it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey @OnSale and @JB1 why don’t you guys post some more pictures of your trucks on this thread to show how stock your trucks really are for the whiners.

I think a lot of folks are still scrolling right past the top section because the TOTM has been dead for so long. The majority of us are good sports and would like to see a little competition, if this grows maybe narrow the nominations to category’s ie. lifted, leveled, overlander, engine mods, etc.

For now you guys are doing a great job with the themed picture idea and process. Thank you for bringing it back

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Interesting TOTM, one stock truck with some suspension work to fit big wheels and the other stock truck appears to have headlights and vinyl, both with some sort of patriarch background.

This is good for the site, but anyone can take a vehicle shot off the parking lot with some editing skills and handheld camera to turn in a decent photograph. It's basically a popularity contest on a forum anyway, but videos/mod list/timeslips (member album) goes a lot further for people who aren't regulars on the site in making a decision.

Edit-My point is that this is an elementary photo of the month. I could point out 10 4G Rams I pass daily on my commute that have 35s, a lift kit, and some aftermarket headlights and stickers.

Mods list gains support for your vendors and other suppliers/tuners/etc. Ex. Oh, you have a X subwoofer/amp/stereo system that I didn't know about before, tell me more... Instead of seeing the exact same question from new members daily every time I click 'new posts', the current member builds/TOTM can give them ideas while promoting brands.

What's the award for this, another badge next to your profile name? Carry on sheep with your participation awards...

First off, I love how you just assume what’s done to each truck. I have ALOT more done to my truck then headlights and vinyl lmao. I’ve spent $6,000 alone in the past 2 months. Those headlights cost more then probably any part on your truck. They are one of a kind, nobody has the same setup.

You have no clue what you’re talking about, if anyone here is a sheep, it’s you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Lmao oh and my “handheld camera” is a $1,000 setup, and those photos don’t have “patriarch” backgrounds. Those are raw photos and the only edits where to the brightness and contrast.... that’s it.

I guess when you only buy $80 Walmart cameras, and don’t know **** about photography, you have to edit your photos. You clearly have no idea what your talking about so stay in your lane cause photography sure ain’t it.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

Lmao you have no idea what I do for this site, or the mods or owners. Damn dude, you think you know everything about everyone. You are literally just spewing verbal diarrhea and the worst part is, everything you saying is just completely false.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey @OnSale and @JB1 why don’t you guys post some more pictures of your trucks on this thread to show how stock your trucks really are for the whiners.

I think a lot of folks are still scrolling right past the top section because the TOTM has been dead for so long. The majority of us are good sports and would like to see a little competition, if this grows maybe narrow the nominations to category’s ie. lifted, leveled, overlander, engine mods, etc.

For now you guys are doing a great job with the themed picture idea and process. Thank you for bringing it back

Sounds good. I’m super busy right now with a headlight build but either later tonight or tomorrow morning I’ll post a bunch of photos of the rear, interior, etc.

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Wow... this got salty quick. (someones compensating for something....)

Actually reminds me of the HAM radio guys back in the day who would get super salty when you got on the ham frequencies without a license...

then the unlicensed guy would brag about how expensive his unlicensed gear was....

*grabs the popcorn, already have the salt* ;)

Last edited:

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
We're mostly average guys so nobody expects a professional photo. Maybe give guys a short window to opt in or out and then move down the list to try for 5 or notify the first 10 that get nominated and seconded and the first 5 to send photos are in. This isn't sema. Not expecting 6wd with 20k paint jobs and gullwing doors with neon glow on 30" rims with 60" rubber. Just a few trucks for us to drool over and try to pick our personal favorite. Now lets see if the winner picks mud bogging as next theme to screw the lowrider guys or the lowriders pick underground parking. Lol

TXRedneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

So let me get this straight, the only reason you donated your $40 was simply based on your opinion of the quality of TOTM page? Sounds like someone is pissed he spent a whole $40 and didn’t get nominated.

As for “candidates” I can’t speak much for On-Sale, because I spend most of my time in the lifted section trying to learn about lifts and find the right setup for my truck. Of which, I cannot begin to tell you how many hundreds of posts from JB1 I’ve read helping us “newbs” out. And never once asking for the ‘virtual pat on the back’ that you so clearly desire. Not to mention his truck is insane.

If that’s not worthy of a nomination, I don’t know what the hell is.

P.S. Good looking truck…If you’re into that kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.