Service Airbag Sys, ECS Light always on, drivers side seatbelt warning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogomips622

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
2016 Ram 1500 V6
ONLY 37500 miles
As we were driving to the lake this afternoon, the Service Airbag System message came up as well as the ECS light and drivers side seatbelt warning. This all happened suddenly and at once.
We have no mods or upgrades.
I have checked any relative fuses and disconnected the battery for a minute, maybe I should disconnect it longer?
Drivability is not affected
Any help or guidance will be appreciated.20230712_201437.jpg
Bill

KPMH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you search here for the "Service Airbag System" message you'll find threads about this. It happened to me recently and here's the thread I inquired about it on

It happened intermittently for a couple of weeks. I was going to do the check the underseat connectors including leaning the seats back to get at the control module connectors. All I did, however, was disconnect the neg battery cable for about 15 min. It then did it a couple of more times and then nothing since over a couple of week ago. No idea why it stopped but the only thing I did was disconnect the battery for a long time. I had it happen, though about 4 years ago and ended up replacing the control module. Nothing for 4 years and then it started again last month. It seems to one of these weird gremlins in these trucks. :33:

Hope I haven't jinxed it by posting this...lol. :oops:

Good luck

OP
OP
B

Bogomips622

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thank you, I did read some of the previous threads and have tried some of the suggestions. Tried leaving the negative terminal disconnectrd for awhile, no change. No loose connections under the seat. It's strange that the ESC light and seatbelt warning also occur.