Show time or clock.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really disagree with that, although Google isn't perfect, and a few things I would like to see changed. It's thousands of miles ahead of the factory user interface. I've never had a single issue receiving text messages from anyone regardless of what they use. Android Apple WhatsApp you name it. They come through with zero issues. And I'll definitely say the Android auto experience is a thousand times better now. Ice switch to an aftermarket stereo, getting rid of that POS Uconnect Head unit was the best thing I ever did.

I'm happy for you that your text app works with AndroidAuto and that you're not concerned about your privacy.

My preferred text App does not function through AndroidAuto and I'm not willing to allow Google to exploit my privacy any further.

I don't often wear a tinfoil hat but I detest how Android phones exploit our privacy.

Remember, you don't have to agree with everyone, there's no right or wrong, just opinions.

I'm not a fan of Google Maps, it's completely crappy coding with a horrid GUI. And that's my opinion.

Maybe it looks better on another display head.

I do agree that ditching the Uconnect is a great idea though, maybe someday.

YMMV

Last edited:

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
In 2022, i picked up a cell phone that is fairly rugged

Sonim XP3 4G LTE 8GB Rugged Flip Phone AT&T GSM​

I tried to text, just to leave a message, it worked once or twice, after that, instead of letters, it comes out numerals.
I don't know any of the neighborhood children, or i would have them teach me.
There is one neighbor, she says she can teach me, but she is too busy texting every person she ever met.

Because my work is around semi trucks, we will be having a safety meeting, all of those diesel engines idling is loud.
So i downloaded the sound of a Angry Cat , it sounds like a cat being stepped on, it was louder than the diesel engines.
One of my neighbors borrowed my phone, he must have changed the sound & the name of Angry Cat to something else.
I can't find it & i am not going to pay for it again, i forgot who loaded it for me.
It sounded similar to this

On every flip phone I had, you had to hit the numeral multiple times to get to the letter you wanted. The first tap will give you the actual number, every successive tap will give you a letter that corresponds to that number like on an old dial phone. For example: the number 3 has the letters D/E/F next to it. The first tap will give you the number '3', the second tap with give you the letter 'D', the third tap the letter 'E', etc., until you get back to the number '3' again. It's a long process to send a text but it worked fine for me for 20 years.

As for your ring tone, that I can't help with...sorry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat