Time zone clock trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
I live on a time zone line. Everybody in the region lives on Central time, even if they live “in” mountain time. I’d like to be able to set my clock so it doesn’t switch back and forth. My last Ram allowed me to set the clock and it would stay. What do I have to do to get it to stay on one time even if I cross the time zone line?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I live on a time zone line. Everybody in the region lives on Central time, even if they live “in” mountain time. I’d like to be able to set my clock so it doesn’t switch back and forth. My last Ram allowed me to set the clock and it would stay. What do I have to do to get it to stay on one time even if I cross the time zone line?
Go into 'Settings' on your radio > Tap "Clock" > Tap "Sync" > Tap "No". You are now unsynced from your GPS time and it won't change until you undo it.

When you eventually need to change your time just go back and tap "Yes" and it will update the time immediately, then you can tap "No" again and it will stay there.

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
That is the way it is supposed to work. In fact, that’s exactly how my last ram clock worked. And that is the way every other Ram that I am aware of works. It’s just not the way mine works. Ha ha. The dealer can’t figure it out. The dealer put in a new one, and it doesn’t work either. That almost seems too hard to believe doesn’t it? I would gladly give the phone number to anybody that doubts me for my dealer, they can verify it for themselves. It is very frustrating.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
How big a deal could this possibly be. I wear a watch and every phone has the time on it. Annoying I get but only so much effort I would be willing to expend to fix it.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is the way it is supposed to work. In fact, that’s exactly how my last ram clock worked. And that is the way every other Ram that I am aware of works. It’s just not the way mine works. Ha ha. The dealer can’t figure it out. The dealer put in a new one, and it doesn’t work either. That almost seems too hard to believe doesn’t it? I would gladly give the phone number to anybody that doubts me for my dealer, they can verify it for themselves. It is very frustrating.

You haven't yet acknowledged that you in fact disabled the sync feature or any action that you or your dealer have attempted.

Online remote control troubleshooting and analysis gets pretty tough when we lack effective communication.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What radio do you have? Mine is just the base model - 5.0, I think.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hoe big a deal could this possibly be. I wear a watch and every phone has the time on it. Annoying I get but only so much effort I would be willing to expend to fix it.
Dean, I get your point but I want everything on my truck working like it's supposed to, also.

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
That’s a good point. And a good question. As for an answer of how big of a deal it is, set your wrist watch or your phone whichever one you go to the most , an hour off. After a week, you’ll know the answer.

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
You haven't yet acknowledged that you in fact disabled the sync feature or any action that you or your dealer have attempted.

Online remote control troubleshooting and analysis gets pretty tough when we lack effective communication.

Sorry. Yes, we have tried syncing and on syncing the clock to the GPS. The dealer has tried everything including replacing the big screen. He can’t make it work. And I can assure you he knows a lot more about it than I do. That’s what makes it so frustrating.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is from post #2;

Directions to disable sync

Go into 'Settings' on your radio > Tap "Clock" > Tap "Sync" > Tap "No". You are now unsynced from your GPS time and it won't change until you undo it.

When you eventually need to change your time just go back and tap "Yes" and it will update the time immediately, then you can tap "No" again and it will stay there.

Post #5;

A prompt to gain acknowledgement that the sync has been disabled

Post#10

References to sync activities but nothing related to disabling the sync feature.

Sorry. Yes, we have tried syncing and on syncing the clock to the GPS. The dealer has tried everything including replacing the big screen. He can’t make it work. And I can assure you he knows a lot more about it than I do. That’s what makes it so frustrating.

Sorry to pick for details but if you can't provide the answers that are requested in plain English, it might be time to step away, find a crafty friend, or visit another dealer.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
This is from post #2;

Directions to disable sync

Post #5;

A prompt to gain acknowledgement that the sync has been disabled

Post#10

References to sync activities but nothing related to disabling the sync feature.

Sorry to pick for details but if you can't provide the answers that are requested in plain English, it might be time to step away, find a crafty friend, or visit another dealer.

Best of luck.

I personally went through the process to sync and unsync, and was prompted that I successfully unsync and was prompted that I was successfully synced. And then did it several more times. Leaving it unsent. And leaving it synced. I did that several times. And then my dealer tried his hand at it. And he did it until he was blue in the face. English is my first language. Although my mental capability of understanding the question might be failing. Maybe I can bypass my personal ineptness by saying that my dealer has had it in the shop three or four times. And he has walk me through the process at least twice over the phone. I don’t know that I can be any more clear in the English language. Am I still missing something?

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
Regardless of how crafty I am, or how uncrafty I am, my dealer should be able to fix it. Perhaps my assumption that that is right, is the weak point in my understanding.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I personally went through the process to sync and unsync, and was prompted that I successfully unsync and was prompted that I was successfully synced. And then did it several more times. Leaving it unsent. And leaving it synced. I did that several times. And then my dealer tried his hand at it. And he did it until he was blue in the face. English is my first language. Although my mental capability of understanding the question might be failing. Maybe I can bypass my personal ineptness by saying that my dealer has had it in the shop three or four times. And he has walk me through the process at least twice over the phone. I don’t know that I can be any more clear in the English language. Am I still missing something?
What was left "unsent"? Do you need to access the internet with yours to verify your commands?

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
What was left "unsent"? Do you need to access the internet with yours to verify your commands?
I do not need to know if I need to access the Internet with commands. I would suspect that my dealer would know. He did not tell me I did or did not. I assume that while it was in the shop, he went through the proper procedures, if it is required or not required. He and his mechanics seem to be as befuddled as I am.

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
I am curious, do you have the 10" screen or 8.4" ?
I have the large screen. On my last pick up where I was able to dominate the clock changing issue, I had the 8 inch screen. At first glance, the large screen process seems to be the same as the small screen process.

OP
OP
W

Wdvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gas
I do not need to know if I need to access the Internet with commands. I would suspect that my dealer would know. He did not tell me I did or did not. I assume that while it was in the shop, he went through the proper procedures, if it is required or not required. He and his mechanics seem to be as befuddled as I am.
I am sorry. I am voice dictating my response. My last post said I do not need to know…. What I meant to say was I do not know. My bad.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My voice dictator said unsent. It was suppose to say un SYNC’d

My bad
Sorry, I got to looking at it again and realized that's what happened. Still can't figure out why, if you unsynced it, you're still having issues.