Upgrade from 5" screen to 8.4" screen and Uconnect 5 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike705

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a 2021 Ram 2500 Big Horn that came factory with the 5" screen. I recently upgraded to a Uconnect 5 8.4" screen with an Infotainment adapter harness and all is well except for the VR (voice recognition) button on the steering wheel and the answer/hangup button doesn't work anymore. I also changed the steering wheel to add steering wheel controls for the radio on the back of the steering wheel and they don't work either. I had a friend connect a scanner to the OBD port and the scanner shows that the Body Control Module recognizes that the buttons are being pushed on the steering wheel but the radio doesn't recognize their input at all. The scanner also showed a lost communication code with the radio and my friend tried to clear it but every time it shows lost communication on the scanner. My friends thought is that the radio and the truck aren't communicating with each other but when I'm driving it grays out the change theme button in the settings and when I stop the button can be pushed so they are communicating to some extent. I contacted tech support with Infotainment and the tech said sometimes the buttons work and sometimes they don't which is a frustrating answer. Anyone who can give any help would be very much appreciated.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sorry you are having problems and even more sorry to tell you this. Infotainment.com is a total joke with misleading information and **** poor tech support. Many of their dissatisfied customers end up here looking for help for Infotainment failed products and issues. Best advice would be to send anything you purchased from them back and get a refund. Then contact contact m2mods a vendor here on the forum. @Mpgrimm2 is the best there is in this swap and other changes also.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I don't offer/support the 5th Gen radio upgrades.

Only thing I do for the 5th gens is the Foglights