So much for my shiny new Ram...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your insurance company should take care of you immediately and then go after the others. That’s what USAA does. Love those people. Good luck!

Yep, even though my wife has been with State Farm a long time, we have USAA for all of our vehicles...and there is no question up front...they take care of you first.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So glad you are ok!!! It sucks stuff like this happens and we all love our trucks, but they can always be replaced if needed.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heading home from a meeting today going North out of Dallas on I-75 in slow moving traffic, when an SUV bounces off the cement center barrier at a high rate of speed and is tossed into my truck. 5-car smash-up and everyone walked away. I am very surprised too, because after he hit me it sent him into a 360 degree rollover with 3-people inside. Anyway, no serious injuries, so have I have that to be thankful for. A few more feet back and he would have smashed right into the drivers door - probably a different outcome!

View attachment 243685

View attachment 243686
I'm so sorry. At least you're doing well.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
Glad you walked away. RAMs (19 Classic) had a 4 star front end rating and a 5 star side impact. A guy ran a red light and turned it on an angle and hit me dead between the A and B pillars. I was carried away BUT the RAM went to the junkyard . The main thing they did their job and we lived to see another day.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Glad you’re ok. Things can be replaced but people cannot. I’m in McKinney and I-75 is second only to 635...

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You tell your insurance not to wait on the other guy....They need to move on fixing your RAM NOW! At the same time, they can go after the other company (companies) for subrogation. Take this from a guy whose wife has been an agent for over 30 years for State Farm...do not let your company play the waiting game. They're just trying to defer the cost to them by blaming the other company "wont do for you what they should"... BS!!!
You demand that they start the repair process NOW and the fallout of whose fault it is can be settled between all the players insurance companies and lawyers as the process plays out......let them fight that legal battle...make them fix the truck now.....
Wow! That is good information to have. They (SF) are telling me that if I go ahead and file the claim, that it will go against me even though I am not at fault. Damn, they make this stuff hard to navigate. But thank you very much for that insight!!

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yep, even though my wife has been with State Farm a long time, we have USAA for all of our vehicles...and there is no question up front...they take care of you first.
Yea, if I were a vet, I would be with USAA as well, but I'm not. BTW, I am from Bloomington, IL and several of my family members are SF employees.

Also, Thanks for your service to our great nation!

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
BTW, are you really a Ram football fan? I have been an avid fan since Roman Gabriel was their QB. Yea, I know... now you know I'm old! Hahaha...

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Believe it or not, it sounded like you're lucky day!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I drive in and out of Dallas every single day and I’m here to tell you that more often than not it can be a white knuckle ride. The one thing you don’t expect is what happens in slow traffic like what happened to your truck. Very sorry to see it but glad you are not hurt.

I really hate driving in large cities now but since I’m not independently wealthy, the commute continues.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
too many texters. it seems impossible to get them to quit. I notice them the most when riding my motorcycle. they dont go when the light turns green because they have to finish that all important text . they wander across the lanes and poke along below the speed limit till they are thru with their message. I personally have seen two go clean thru a red light without looking up. not to be a ****** or anything but I wish there was some kind of lock-out when they are in the driver seat and moving.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
You can see these idiots all day long, anywhere yo go. Sure wish I still had that job where I got to drive the fast car with the blue & red lights on top. I didn't write many tickets (got 2 reprimands for not writing enough) but I would write this up all day long.
Used to be when you saw somebody driving under the speed limit, leaving a 300 yd. gap in front and drifting way over the line, you knew you had a really drunk driver.
I like to get right up next to them and blast my horn. Holy cow does that scare the crap out of them! I know, I know, not the smartest move but it is big fun.
I have the big grille guard in case a surprise, 24 hour Purge is announced.
Seriously though, this is killing people. I also ride and bikers have no chance if "20 something Nancy" just drifts right into them. Fines need to include mandatory jail time, even for first time offenders. That will stop most of it. The rest, well, just let us put them in the weeds. I paid a grand for that equipment. I'd like to use it.
4ab87d2491db32ba3644def67672784d.jpg

Last edited:

jimboschnitz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Glad to hear you're OK, bummer on the new truck. Hope you're able to get if fixed at "zero" deductible by the other insurance complany.

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BTW, are you really a Ram football fan? I have been an avid fan since Roman Gabriel was their QB. Yea, I know... now you know I'm old! Hahaha...

Yes I am...STL RAMS...hated that the owner played our city to move them back to LA...But his wife has tall the money and she owned the property they are building the new stadium on...more cash in their pockets. And I also remember watching Roman Gabriel ...yep, I'm old too!!

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
too many texters. it seems impossible to get them to quit. I notice them the most when riding my motorcycle. they dont go when the light turns green because they have to finish that all important text . they wander across the lanes and poke along below the speed limit till they are thru with their message. I personally have seen two go clean thru a red light without looking up. not to be a ****** or anything but I wish there was some kind of lock-out when they are in the driver seat and moving.
I ride too...my wife used to but now only on mine with me...she said she was done trying to battle the idiots...I have left my share of boot prints/dents in drivers doors over the years...
My helmet has a sticker that says, "Loud pipes save lives...MINE!" Amazing they can t hear those Rinehart custom pipes when I rev it high right next to them.. upload_2021-4-9_14-40-22.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca