So much for my shiny new Ram...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gl
I will keep everyone posted, but my insurance company said it could take 10-15 days to find out who was to blame, and what their insurance company will do for me.

Glad all survived. A tribute to safe vehicles.
As to blame. I use a dash cam front and back. Trying to figure how to do both sides also.

Good luck.

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad your ok and sorry about the Ram. Curious if the airbags went off?

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Ugh...thankfully neither you nor anyone else was hurt. I have the exact same RAM and would be just beside myself if that happened. Hope when all is said and done with repairs, you’re RAM will operate like new again.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gl

Glad all survived. A tribute to safe vehicles.
As to blame. I use a dash cam front and back. Trying to figure how to do both sides also.

Good luck.
Yea, that's on my to-do list after this!

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ugh...thankfully neither you nor anyone else was hurt. I have the exact same RAM and would be just beside myself if that happened. Hope when all is said and done with repairs, you’re RAM will operate like new again.
I hope so too. Not sure I'll keep it now. Vehicles are usually never the same after that kind of damage. And, I am beside myself. This was my forever-truck... or so I thought.

OP
OP
BNeal

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anytime you can walk away uninjured is a win!
I've installed a front and rear dashcam in my 2500 to deal with the question of blame. I would never trust insurance providers to not try and weasel out of settling a claim by spreading blame. The cam system also records motion when parked and left unattended. Worth every penny!
Which cam system do you have. I will be getting one soon and could use some recommendations.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope so too. Not sure I'll keep it now. Vehicles are usually never the same after that kind of damage. And, I am beside myself. This was my forever-truck... or so I thought.

Yep, thats friggin rough. Ouch. Glad no one was hurt, and I wouldn't blame you one bit if they don't give you a new one and decide to repair it.

DV8S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Hey Rmcnic,
Which "cam" system did you settle on?

BNeal,
I bike too, but try to never run the Interstates. Live 80 miles South of Atlanta....would NEVER ride there, & even hate to drive my truck there. They drive like they just escaped from an asylum!
Any crash you can walk away from, ain't all bad, eh?

E

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What is the name of that Swedish electronics company
They had a setup several years ago for Rams, it had several camera hookups, you could watch videos, etc.

I wonder what they have come up with lately

http://www.customtronix.com/webshop/

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
That sucks....with that kind of damage I'm surprised no one was seriously injured.

VA-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie / 2020 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will keep everyone posted, but my insurance company said it could take 10-15 days to find out who was to blame, and what their insurance company will do for me.

You tell your insurance not to wait on the other guy....They need to move on fixing your RAM NOW! At the same time, they can go after the other company (companies) for subrogation. Take this from a guy whose wife has been an agent for over 30 years for State Farm...do not let your company play the waiting game. They're just trying to defer the cost to them by blaming the other company "wont do for you what they should"... BS!!!
You demand that they start the repair process NOW and the fallout of whose fault it is can be settled between all the players insurance companies and lawyers as the process plays out......let them fight that legal battle...make them fix the truck now.....

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
that bites, your truck was/is beautiful...sorry to see.

ron reeves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
when i lived in Dallas, i would go to great lengths to stay off of I75. There just isnt anywhere to go if somebody screws up. Glad to hear your OK.

Krashdragon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Totally agree with the Dallas/Ft Worth drivers comments. Throw Houstoned in there, too.
Both the 75, 35 and 630... Oh hell... All DFW traffic is mostly a race course.
Glad you weren't injured. The guy that said about getting on your insurance is correct, they can surrogate. ( yeah, I spelled it wrong...)
I hold my breath every time I drive either truck... my 18 Tradesman ( only 1300 miles on it) or my 2020 semi. Good brakes on both vehicles!
Best of luck to you.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did they get out and run? I'm from Texas and lived there with the wife and family for 10 years and that's what the "illegal aliens" would do, did it to my wife. Cops said it was common.
At least no one was hurt and you have insurance, but damn idiots ****-up everything.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
Hey man as long as you are good ... the truck did it's job which was keep you safe ... You should be able to get that taken cared of by insurance ... God Bless you my friend !

I love the smell of bent frames in the morning. Lets hope its not.

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
Sadly so would I....trade it in and get a brand new RAM.