Something For Hauling Your Pet Around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marksr20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
question for the OP.

How does the under rear seat flat fold out handle the weight of your dog?

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
After I seen this thread, I've been looking around on the idea.

I was out and decided to stop by a local Petsmart.
I found one. Martha Stewart pets.. It was $76 Canadian.

I tried it out tonight. I have an 2 1/2 yr old 80lb Siberian Husky named Samson.

Since I sold my winter beater car and bought this truck he's been left home except going to the vet once. He doesn't like the box. My wife hates me putting him there to see. The vet gave me **** when I suggested it... so thanks to this thread.... again, more money. Thanks guys.

Here's what I've found with this product.

The box say's 56" X 60". I never measured, but figured it was close. They never did say if it was wide or high. It is infact 60" wide. Same width as our back seats.

It has little metal clips on the ends of the adjustable nylon straps. Snaps on to "D Rings" that look to be well connected to the hammock. The other end is attached to the hammock sewn. I put them on the shortest adjustment.

The 4 straps go around the back seat and front seat headrests. It took all of 10 minutes to install and adjust. Now that it's adjusted, it should take no more than 3 or 4 minutes to install from now on. I have them around the metal rods between the headrest and back cushion. You don't see it looking at it when you open the front doors.

I didn't fold the back seat down. Didn't need to. The fabric spans the gap and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the hammock or Samson. I guess that's why they call it a hammock?

The bottom is a nice nylon. Not too thick that it's a pain to fold, but not thin enough that it'll tare for some reason.

The exposed side is a nice fleece or valuer fabric. Dark brown little bones on it.

Has 2 well constructed slots for the seat belts if needed. heavy fabric stitched so it's not a weak point or can tare.

A nice thing that was thought of was how it's designed to keep the back down where the backrest meets the seat cushion. There's 2 pockets. About 6" t o 8" deep. They are about 4" wide and come supplied with a 1" PVC tube. Simply lift up the bottom cushion and stuff the pocket in between. Nice idea and keeps it from stressing the fabric and straps covering the backrest. Great idea. I would've never thought of that and it works great.

On the shortest adjustment, the front partition sits about 12" above the center console.

You could undo half of it if you needed to have some one sit back there as well. The latching clips are good for that. They are like a trigger lock type clip. Not the kind that can come apart just because.

It's very secure and doesn't seem to sag under the weight of Samson where there is no seat cushion.

When not in use, it is easy to fold up or just roll it in 1/3's and lay it under the seat above the storage bins. It will fit in the storage under there if need be, It'll probably fit folded up in the hidden floor storage bins as well.

So far, I'm very happy with it. $76. Didn't have to buy it online and wait or pay shipping.

I could take some other pictures of it or certain things if needed.

Here's a picture of the box. If your looking for it. Samson likes it as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1563.jpg
    IMG_1563.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1212.jpg
    IMG_1212.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I don't like mine. It doesn't cover the whole seat and the tie downs don't work very good so he uses it as a hammock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 55

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't that what the bed is for? I think my dog prefers riding in the bed..of coarse she's a Great Dane and doesn't fit inside a cab very well.

moledodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DAT HEMIIIIIII 5.7
Can you upload a new pic this one is dead