Struts with a 4 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firefighter515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 sport. I recently had a 3.5 front 2 inch rear level lift installed which I am ever increasingly wishing I didn’t have done. To start off I did not realize that the sport trim came factory with a front spring spacer already installed. I started with 1.5 inches of rake between front and rear. The shop I took it to CUT out the existing spacer to install the new 3.5 inch spacer along with a new extended upper control arm. Needless to say once they cut my old spacer out (had to of been a 3.5-4 inch spacer) and installed the new one along with the 2 inch rear spring blocks I GAINED a half inch of rake.. I also had them install RC rear shocks.. big mistake.. it has been the roughest ride I have ever experienced in a vehicle of any sorts.

I am now looking to get a 4 inch lift but I want struts instead of blocks. Unfortunately our trucks are unloved by BDS appearently as only their 2.5 and 6 inch lifts come with struts. I will go 6 if need be as I am fed up with spacers and the troubles that come with them. I’m running 18 inch rims with -12 offset, I have been told that rim size can influence fitment of certain setups? Such as certain kits only work with 20 inch rims and above. I frequent the bumpy dirt roads and trails of northern Michigan and wana a set of shocks and struts that can give me a good and reliable ride. I have researched the fox 2.5 struts and on the fox website they state that they are for a 4-6 inch lift. I’m hoping to go with a zone 4 inch spacer lift and buy the fox 2.5 struts separately and just use them in place of the spacers from the kit. Is this at all possible? I’ve dumped close to $1000 into the previously stated level lift kit with installation and it’s absolutely worthless in its current setup. I want to fix it and do it right I know it’s quite the read for one question but at this point I’m desperate for answers. Pictures below are the front and rear rake after installation of level kit as well as my girl as she is now!DD627BDB-7EAD-4B7C-918F-56C3FC2EA361.jpeg6A4BDE14-7709-4C2A-8A8C-B512BD14C48C.jpeg663D2BFF-E185-4F6D-BC5D-42B05303353A.jpeg3355278A-3D2F-4498-AD16-F41AF43C95D3.jpeg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Unfortunately it sounds like the shop you used took you down the wrong path and set you up with some sub par parts, especially the RC shocks.

Hi, we can help. You can absolutely go with a 4" Zone kit and replace the front spacers the Zone kit comes with with a full length coil over such as the Fox 2.5. We offer both of those and can offer you great pricing. I would also recommend doing the Fox adventure series rear shocks with the 4" zone kit. stock 17's will not fit with this lift, they say stock 20's will. I believe due to your -12 offset you will be able to use the 18's you have.

Message me if you would like a quote.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Icon also sells a 4.5” lift front coil over so if you buy zone you could go that route. If anything give nick a message. He’s helped me out a ton with my truck.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The spacers for a bracket lift are not like leveling spacers. I understand the want to not have “spacers” but on bracket lifts they don’t screw up your uca’s and wheel travel, they actually keep it all stock.

RAM_CHAOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
What about the Bilstein Shocks 6112 series in the front with 5100 in the rear?
I’ve contacted Carli Suspension, with their UCA you can run 17s if they have 4.75 backspacing.
I’m curious why people are shying away from the 6112’s, they were hard to find but dropping pretty often on the market now.
Thoughts?

Mario 57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys im looking for info for the best way to fit 35 ineed to replace my shocks so while im in there i would like to get bigger tire and a more lifted look , but i hear so many doos and don’t that i am lost all i want is a little look and lift and no problems in the futur
i was told that i could just put bilstein 5100 ajustable in front and a little spacer a the rear with bilstein too and it would be ok for the 35 and no futur problem I run 17 in winter and 20 summer factory mag i wanted to go ready lift 4 inch but i read many negative *****

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys im looking for info for the best way to fit 35 ineed to replace my shocks so while im in there i would like to get bigger tire and a more lifted look , but i hear so many doos and don’t that i am lost all i want is a little look and lift and no problems in the futur
i was told that i could just put bilstein 5100 ajustable in front and a little spacer a the rear with bilstein too and it would be ok for the 35 and no futur problem I run 17 in winter and 20 summer factory mag i wanted to go ready lift 4 inch but i read many negative *****
being that you have a 2010. If your truck is 4wd you may want to look into the zone adventure series lift. It’s a 2.5” lift with a diff drop. The 2011 and prior had an issue when leveling that had the possibility of shredding the cv boots. If you’re 2Wd then you could just look at maxtrac lifts

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I recently went with 5100s myself as I was on a budget and the po of my truck had actually lowered it. needless to say Im very happy with the 4 5100s for $400 from amazon. I had to replace my lowered rear springs too and went with superlifts variable 2" spring and im very happy with the ride. I gained 5" in the front but there was 2" drop spindles in the truck so currently my fenders sit about 40" from the ground I had so issues with the spring perches that need to be reused from the old shocks since mine were not oem so If I did it all over again I may have purchased the already assembled version of the struts. And I have a heavy ecodiesel in the front.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963