Sunvisor upgrade on my Tradesman not going well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bought some illuminated sun visors from the salvage yard and apparently I have no harness on my 2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman. Unless I'm completely missing something, but took some photos cuz I don't see anything. I do see where there is a connector between two harnesses that goes into the microphone. Am I able to buy some type of harness splitter? I assume I could make my own and pigtail off of that? Does anyone make these or know where they sell something like that?

20211007_190707.jpg20211007_190718.jpg20211007_190723.jpg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Bought some illuminated sun visors from the salvage yard and apparently I have no harness on my 2018 RAM 1500 Tradesman. Unless I'm completely missing something, but took some photos cuz I don't see anything. I do see where there is a connector between two harnesses that goes into the microphone. Am I able to buy some type of harness splitter? I assume I could make my own and pigtail off of that? Does anyone make these or know where they sell something like that?

View attachment 473250View attachment 473251View attachment 473252
@Mpgrimm2 might be able to make one or at least point you in the right direction. He makes OEM quality custom harnesses for our trucks...

OP
OP
D

dcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Go back to the yard and carefully remove the parts of the wire harness ( connectors and wires) from the donor truck.
It was shipped from across the country. I found a thread where someone talked about tapping into map light and which color wires to use. I'm going to give that a shot.

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In one of your pics, on your passenger "A" pillar is a small wire harness, where does that go ?.
Also try looking in the triangle hole where the mirror goes, the wire and connector may be hiding in there.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
A bit off subject, but i have to ask
In the image with the red arrow, that is pointing to a foam looking part
to the right of that foam piece is a card like device that is connected to some wires.

Does that card have readable writing on it ?
Could it possibly be an Air Card made by Sierra

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A bit off subject, but i have to ask
In the image with the red arrow, that is pointing to a foam looking part
to the right of that foam piece is a card like device that is connected to some wires.

Does that card have readable writing on it ?
Could it possibly be an Air Card made by Sierra
Nope, looks like the newer microphones in the headliner. The aircard is inside the radio housing itself.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Can I ask what you paid for the lighted Visors?