The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Most of us have only been running the PC in the summer. Betting the power gets even more fun when cold weather comes.

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most of us have only been running the PC in the summer. Betting the power gets even more fun when cold weather comes.

And then the traction control kicks in... :homoswitch:

I have a tuner but am still Leary of totally disabling it. I mean, it's there for a reason and it saved my ass one night on icy roads.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Really thinking about adding one of these to my 16 crew cab. Just added new wheels and 35" tires and definitely lost so giddy up.

I have read some of the reviews and they seem great. How is install?

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really thinking about adding one of these to my 16 crew cab. Just added new wheels and 35" tires and definitely lost so giddy up.

I have read some of the reviews and they seem great. How is install?

Takes 2 minutes. No joke. 7 minutes if you include the 5 minutes you need to keep your key away from the vehicle so it doesnt sense it anymore.

tonys ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
also does everyone leave the traction control on or off? Any difference?

Rambutan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine doesn't have eco mode, eco led doesn't turn on. Is there anything i should do to turn it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i see you have 3.92 gears. Will i see a big difference with 3.21's

I think you'll see a huge difference regardless of gearing. The stock throttle is so spongy in these trucks, the PC really wakes the throttle up and eliminates the lag. I know when I put it in Sport it's really easy to chirp the tires on mine. Anymore I drive in City +3, or City +4 for my daily driving, Sport if I want to drive a little more spirited, and I really don't use Sport + because it's too sensitive for my tastes. 3.92 gears are more aggressive so I'm sure that's part of it, but this will definitely work on your truck with the 3.21s because the PC basically allows you to modify the sensitivity of your throttle which is electronically controlled.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Mine doesn't have eco mode, eco led doesn't turn on. Is there anything i should do to turn it on?

Just hold down the yellow button until Eco mode kicks on.

I don't recommend Eco mode, I believe some people on here have had problems with that. The City, Sport, and Sport + settings are fine though.

Rambutan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just hold down the yellow button until Eco mode kicks on.

I don't recommend Eco mode, I believe some people on here have had problems with that. The City, Sport, and Sport + settings are fine though.

Thanks! I only wanna try it for offroad.

sking2001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it worth having one if you already have a tune?

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it worth having one if you already have a tune?

I have a Hemifever tune and the pedal commander def amplifies the throttle response . Shawn from Hemifever made some adjustments and boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
The other day the wife had some trouble with the truck throwing a CEL and the red electric bolt light. She called me saying the truck starts but didn't move when the gas pedal was pressed down. I had to meet up with her. What I did was unplug the power commander and return the throttle to stock. The truck could accelerate after that, but still had the 2 lights on. Acceleration felt like the sluggish stock acceleration so it drove like stock again which sucked. I cleared it with an OBD II scanner and light are gone. I have not plugged the power commander back yet. I believe the codes were throttle body signal related. This happened yesterday and we are away from home so I'll plug the PC when we return home today. I will also contact PC to see what they say about this problem. Anyone had this happen to them yet?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can only speak for myself when I say I've had no problems with it. Albeit once it was installed I've solely left it at Sport 0 as I really have not felt the need to put anymore stress on an already high mileage vehicle.

decharny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked up a PC for my 3.6 3.21 crew - it's a must-have accessory. Great for city driving, especially pulling into lanes when there's oncoming traffic. Worth the money.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
the guys at pedal commander could do all their advertising straight from this thread... enough positive quotes to support years of ads.. LOL

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a friend who's company has him out in Africa. I was telling him about my P.C and he sent me images of what they are using.2f54fef5b87e3fb0055d419b40677057.jpgd894ac254eeef8e14be11a71227d0685.jpg

F.O.F