The Pedal Commander review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI I have 2015 ram 1500 with PC and i2 tuner and run eco mode a lot on my highway driving..... Have yet to throw a CEL. Just wanted to throw that out there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was probably changing the PC to much on the fly. I'm sure it was a user error based issue.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was probably changing the PC to much on the fly. I'm sure it was a user error based issue.

Even Matt from Moes says to stay out of Eco mode. I think its worse than the stock pedal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even Matt from Moes says to stay out of Eco mode. I think its worse than the stock pedal.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It was like hitting the brake pedal

Hawki1cr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just ordered mine. Can't wait! I wanted to get an intune i2 and a hemifever tune but I'm still under the 5/100 warranty for another year or so. I've had the truck in the multiple warranty related fixes and it's only at 45k miles. I assume there will be more warranty work in my future. Don't want to jeopardize that with a tuner.

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
finally installed mine and holy crap. lights up my 35" M/t's pm dry pavement on sport+. its hard to even daily drive it on sport+ lol. I settled on city+2

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just installed mine this evening and the short drive I went on I'm very impressed and happy with the mod and purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OK just pulled the trigger on the PC didn't actually read every thread in the 70 pages here, but what I did read convinced me to buy it.

Question is I didn't read anything about Sean from Hemi Fever having to modify a 91 tune we run if we have a i2. Can Sean modify our Hemi Fever tunes for even more with the PC installed????

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Since I never see mine lol it really wouldn't do anything for me.

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just got my PC delivered... so I have the pushbutton start with the fob, do i just unlock my doors and leave door open for 5 minutes and stash the key far away do install and wait 5 more minutes?

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
just got my PC delivered... so I have the pushbutton start with the fob, do i just unlock my doors and leave door open for 5 minutes and stash the key far away do install and wait 5 more minutes?

Turn the truck off...open the door...take the fob 30+ feet away and wait 10-15 minutes (could be just 5 mins). Then install.

Or do what I did...unscrew the neg battery cable and leave for a couple minutes..install...done. I installed my S&B intake at the same time so it was unscrewed for that anyway.

Good luck!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's unbelievable how much interest there is in this product. It's good to see the massive amount of positive feedback on it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It's unbelievable how much interest there is in this product. It's good to see the massive amount of positive feedback on it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agreed! Its an impressive little device. I've been playing with mine (a bit). I've found that City 0 or even OFF is going to be needed with 4x4 in heavy snow/ice come winter. I was in Sport +1 or so and spun the tires in RAIN...so I'll have to dial it back once the white stuff hits us here in Minnesota.

When the pavements dry I'm all over it...but the most I've been able to muster is Sport...+2 to +3...I haven't tried Sport+ yet...

It really removes all of the squishiness from the pedal...doesn't add horsepower..but improves throttle response. And its soooo customizable....and you can turn if off when needed!

Everyone should have one of these...truly a great little item.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My review after three weeks of having it.

1) hf tuned (89 octane) + 10 throttle boost couldn't really go higher than sport or it would be jerky around town.

2) hf tuned used sport (+2)

3) took hf tune off I used sport+ (-3). I used this setting to get the same "feel" as if the custom tune was loaded. All the other setting below didnt do much to get the truck moving.

Don't get me wrong the tuner is better with the pedal commander. I am giving honest feedback.

4) No tune, no pedal commander . Sucks (had to bring the truck to the dealer for a recall so I removed everything)

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

4) No tune, no pedal commander . Sucks (had to bring the truck to the dealer for a recall so I removed everything)

Haha, same experience here.
Removed CAI, PC, and tune for the recall - almost ridiculous how sedated the truck felt.

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turn the truck off...open the door...take the fob 30+ feet away and wait 10-15 minutes (could be just 5 mins). Then install.

Or do what I did...unscrew the neg battery cable and leave for a couple minutes..install...done. I installed my S&B intake at the same time so it was unscrewed for that anyway.

Good luck!

Thanks, install was easy and it works great.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love mine. To be honest I went back and forth on this or a tuner, and since I wasn't doing a custom tune and I do NOT have larger tires this was the best bang for my bucks. MDS you can shut off yourself when driving in the city and when I go on a 2 hour or more drive on the highway I leave it ON and get much better gas mileage than with it off, not sure what people are talking about on that topic. It does suck in the city or when driving in non steady traffic, but if you are cruising 60-65 for an hour or more straight, your wallet will thank you.

I can't drive without it now. For the most part I leave it on city +4 and that is an amazing throttle response compared to stock.