Thinking about an *UPGRADE*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Didn't he ask for everyone's opinions? Or am I lost?
That is kinda what I thought he was asking.
I'm two options in or hold off?
Seems the OP liked the answers which pertained to the first two options, but not the third.

Although, the people he seems frustrated with are probably giving him the same advice his dad would.
I know if my son even owed $33K on a truck, we would be taking a trip to the woodshed. :)

Only thing I know for sure is,
people on internet forums are usually way too happy to help other people spend lots of money.

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
He wouldn't budge on price. So I will just keep my truck and add some mods :)

CHOPSTICK- I was willing to take on the additional added amount to my payment. If you want to keep your vehicle for 4 months or 14 years it doesn't matter to me. I'm doing pretty good financially and employment wise, I'm fine though thanks for the advice.

Anyone that puts a nickel into their vehicles deserves to be told financial advice apparently. I don't know your finances like you don't know mine. My feel bads aren't hurt but some of you guys Crack me up. If I told you I have 100k in small bills buried somewhere would you still tell me I'm an idiot for choosing how to spend my money? What if my 401k is North of 400K right now? How I spend my hard earned money is my problem, not anyone else.

Again, thanks to those that didn't flip a wig and helped discuss this. I'll filter what I post for now on. I thought better of our members, shame on me.
In your OP you say that the payments for a PW will stretch you thin.
Get your story straight up front so that we can know what your situation is, if you tell us you can't really afford the PW don't be upset when people give you advice based on that statement.

There are a few time in my life where I've wanted to say "He was asking for it."
Buddy you asked for it. Twice..

OP
OP
lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In your OP you say that the payments for a PW will stretch you thin.
Get your story straight up front so that we can know what your situation is, if you tell us you can't really afford the PW don't be upset when people give you advice based on that statement.

There are a few time in my life where I've wanted to say "He was asking for it."
Buddy you asked for it. Twice..

What story is there to get straight?? Has someone been hitting the special Kool-aid?
There were TWO trucks discussed here not including my current truck. The PW was one option that got pushed to side few pages back.
I DID ask opinions but didn't expect people to think they're financial advisors. I have a good connection with my fidelity peeps, thanks.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
What story is there to get straight?? Has someone been hitting the special Kool-aid?
There were TWO trucks discussed here not including my current truck. The PW was one option that got pushed to side few pages back.
I DID ask opinions but didn't expect people to think they're financial advisors. I have a good connection with my fidelity peeps, thanks.

It's the fact that you mentioned finances in your original post that made people mention them in their replies....I really cant understand why you don't realize you opened the door to the financial advice with your original post and the comments about the bank and the payments...

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds like you really don't know what you want - the fact your truck is 5mnths old and now you are looking at another 1500 even a 2500 - your $$ might as well go all out - you were 3k upside down and a 1k on the price made you walk away....

Last edited:

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Just upgrade your seats and put some other mods on your truck.

OP
OP
lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like you really don't know what you want - the fact your truck is 5mnths old and now you are looking at another 1500 even a 2500 - your $$ might as well go all out - you were 3k upside down and a 1k on the price made you walk away....

My numbers walking into dealer were 31k for trade in and 44,250+tax on Laramie. Yes I walked on 1000 bucks. 30,500 was offer on trade in and he wouldn't go below 45,250. The trifold tonneau would account for the 500 missing on trade.
I'm not butt hurt guys. I just find it funny some guys took my OP and ran with it like I'm working at burger King and can't trade my food stamps to cover my payments.
I have set parameters my budget can sustain. I'm not willing to change what I put into investment or rainy day fund or savings or checking. The bank being iffy on PW loan was just that, on hairy edge of approving. I may be ok financially but not sporting an 850 FICO.

This has become more off topic than I really thought it would go. Keep coming at me with your illusions of what I asked and I'll enjoy the comic relief.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If you upgrade the seats let us know how it works out. I've got the 1 step up from base cloth seats and I'd like to see what types of solutions you can come up with.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't think anybody is pretending to be a financial advisor here. They are just pointing out a fact that you are going to lose money on your current truck if you do decide to trade it. For most people that loss is not worth it. But if you really aren't happy with your current truck and that loss is worth it to you, then go for it.

OP
OP
lonewolf2873

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think anybody is pretending to be a financial advisor here. They are just pointing out a fact that you are going to lose money on your current truck if you do decide to trade it. For most people that loss is not worth it. But if you really aren't happy with your current truck and that loss is worth it to you, then go for it.

I stated in OP I was going to take a loss.
As I said already, deal wasn't sweet enough and I walked.