TIPM troubles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian Barnes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
Hello. New to the site but a long time owner of several different Rams over the years. I have a question about the TIPM on my 2007 Ram 1500. Getting lots of grief from the present one on the truck. Have reset it numerous times but the electrical gremlins continue to mount.

Have checked pricing for new. Canadian price is over $1300 plus tax. Has anyone had luck with a rebuilt unit for the TIPM and which company did you use to purchase from? I live in Canada and for some reason none of our retailers here seem to have remanufactured units. Any help would be appreciated.

LoneWolf3574

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Circuit Board Medics will repair 2007-2016 TIPM for $199.99, you just have to ship it to them. I have not read through their entire description as I haven't needed it to be done. If they're unable to do your TIPM, try a search for TIPM repair or start looking through parts recycler sites or part yards, you may find something.

https://circuitboardmedics.com/dodge-tipm-repair-service/

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Circuit Board Medics will repair 2007-2016 TIPM for $199.99, you just have to ship it to them. I have not read through their entire description as I haven't needed it to be done. If they're unable to do your TIPM, try a search for TIPM repair or start looking through parts recycler sites or part yards, you may find something.

https://circuitboardmedics.com/dodge-tipm-repair-service/

Curious about these rebuilds... there is also a place called TIPM Rebuilders (https://tipmrebuilders.com/) that will send you a plug and play one, and then give you the core charge back for your old one. Anyone do this? This might be my last RAM... just to many issues

3pedals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can’t buy from summit racing? My tipm started acting funny at about 325k miles...got a reman one from summit for like $300 plus refundable core. Plugged in, no programming needed, and works great!

This is on a ‘08 4.7 4wd

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can’t buy from summit racing? My tipm started acting funny at about 325k miles...got a reman one from summit for like $300 plus refundable core. Plugged in, no programming needed, and works great!

This is on a ‘08 4.7 4wd

Thank you...I'll keep that stored away should the need arise.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had mine rebuilt by tipmrebuilder. No problems. They were fast.