Tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Mog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone running 35s, what pressure you running in general (when not towing/hauling)?
I have 35x12.5r18 nitto ridge grapplers on a 3500 crew cab srw. Just curious, thanks!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
35x12.5-20's on a 1500 running 44 psi.... pretty smooth

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Although I'm running on 33's (LT285/65R20 - BFG KO2's)
I run 40psi (cold checked) in the front and rears (door sticker indicates 39psi front and rear) and it's a smooth ride.

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
@Mr Mog , I looked up my (future) tires (they just don't know it yet), 35x11.5x17 Toyo Open Country AT3s, and found my handy load-carrying-equivalency calculator came up with 39 psi, front and rear, same as the factory pressure on my placard for my OE tire/wheel combos. So that was nice.

I like using that calculator because it bases the new pressure on the same load-carrying capacity as your factory OE tires, and that's not a bad basis for coming up with a new pressure for different sized tires. Give it a try.

Ram1500sport313

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Say I have a question? I have 22’s on 33’s and on the front I’m running 53 psi and on the rear there at 48 and it’s a really rough ride any recommendations on what to set the front and back to?

Daniel Ortiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi V8
@Ram1500sport313 , I note that you're running a fairly large wheel on standard diameter tires, so you don't have a lot of sidewall compared to stock setup. Sidewall is a big component of how stiff/flexible your ride will be. Less sidewall = stiffer ride. So there's that.

As far as your pressures. there seem to be two different groups of Rams. One has front and rear pressures set the same on the placard on your door frame. Mine is like this, 39 psi front and back with the stock tire size. Then there is the group with higher front tire pressure than rear. The Rebels fall in this category (55 front, 45 rear). I suspect that is to compensate for their more variable suspension and larger sidewall tires, but I could be wrong. It's also true that truck front tires carry more weight than the rear when the truck is unloaded, however that doesn't seem to factor into the first groups tire pressure, so perhaps that's not a big influence.

So, first I'd check your placard and see if you are in group 1 or group 2. If group 1, I'd set both your tires the same pressure. What that pressure should be, is really up to you. You might use the tire pressure calculator I use (see my post #5 in this thread). You could go lower since you probably aren't carrying any load (the placard pressures assume you are carrying full load). But you also don't want to lower too much since you have lower-profile tires that will be less tolerant of low pressures before it starts affecting wear negatively, especially if they're very wide.

So, that's just my thoughts. In the end it's up to you to experiment and see what works best for you.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
There is also a big difference in 2500 and 3500 compared to the 1500s you guys are talking about. Diesel versus gas is another consideration, especially for front tires.

Look up your tires here, then use the front and rear axle weights to set you unloaded and loaded pressures. You can go to 20% less than your door sticker inflation pressures. Below that the TPMS low tire alert will activate. If you ignore that you can go as low as you like.

https://tirepressure.com/lt275-70r18-tire-pressure