Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wile E Coyote Jr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Tires I have are General Grabber HTS 60s. So far I love em. E rated, quiet on the highway, durable (hopping curbs and gravel roads haven't cut them at least), and my recent bout of snow driving has made my confident in them in the winter. Then again, I've never hit a patch of ice and I'm hoping I don't. IMG_20240120_084257234_HDR.jpg

Blue Truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No Spark Plugs
Getting the right tire requires an honest assessment of what you need in a tire. Sounds like OP has done that and is on the right track, so that puts them ahead of a lot of folks.

Good video on Trail Built Off Road's Youtube channel comparing the Falken AT3W and AT4W. Personally, the AT3W would be my preference. Wet pavement traction is my biggest concern, and off road performance is not something I feel I need to prioritize at all. Don't see much snow where I live, but access to my house requires a good snow performer when it does snow. Coming up on needing tires, so the AT3W is where I'm leaning.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The Cooper Discover AT3 is what I currently have on my truck but I dont like there snow traction. Good when new but dropped off quickly as the tires got worn. I just ordered the Falcon AT3W tires and hopefully have better luck with them.

Are you running the Cooper AT3 or the AT3 XLT ? Mine are the XLT’s ,by far the best tire I’ve ran on my Ram 3500 . Previous tire was the Toyo AT2’s. Probably one of the most overrated, overpriced , and quickest wearing tire I’ve had. First thing I noticed with the Coopers was handling, and ride , especially the handling with my fifth wheel. There is no reason yet for me to get another tire , unless they wear out faster than expected. The Toyo’s wore a lot quicker than I thought they would, even with 5k rotation, and proper air pressure towing , and empty .

If the wear is anywhere near the 60k rating I’ll stick with the Coopers . I don’t expect 60k with towing a fifth wheel, but would like to see 45-50 , maybe wishful thinking . The wear looks good at 12k . My next tire would definitely be the Falken’s if these Coopers done wear as expected. I have no problem with the performance so far .

Schotzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I am looking for the unicorn of tires. I want a load range E that is excellent in snow/ice, good highway durability, rides good and is quite. Right now I am on a set of Cooper's and they are good for everything except snow. NEED Advice.
I am running the BFG KO2's right now and I love them. much quitter on the road and work great in snow and ice.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Getting the right tire requires an honest assessment of what you need in a tire. Sounds like OP has done that and is on the right track, so that puts them ahead of a lot of folks.

Good video on Trail Built Off Road's Youtube channel comparing the Falken AT3W and AT4W. Personally, the AT3W would be my preference. Wet pavement traction is my biggest concern, and off road performance is not something I feel I need to prioritize at all. Don't see much snow where I live, but access to my house requires a good snow performer when it does snow. Coming up on needing tires, so the AT3W is where I'm leaning.

I too live in snow country, there was a day it was the highest priority with a tire , mostly because of hunting . Since we have gone to ATV’s not as much now , more into quiet , wear , and handling . As said in previous post the Cooper AT3’s are getting it done .

I considered the Falken when getting these Coopers , at the time the Coopers were a bit cheaper, and a $70 rebate . As said the Falkens will be my next tire if the Coopers don’t live up to expectations.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

After watching your review you posted , I would definitely go the Falken AT3, no need for the off road performance of the AT4. I think the AT3 would apply for most that are towing big trailers or Fifth wheels , not a lot of off roading , but there is the exception.

Connie Mack

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
I quit spending $1200 + on oversize tires for my 2500 4x4. I got on market place and found some GREAT TIRES NEAR HOUSTON FOR $600.00. The were brand new not 2nds. i looked up the manufascture and found out that most every tire in Americ are made in china. So discount tires, tire & battery, and all the other discount tire companies are taking your money. I have had these tires for close to 3 years and still have nipples on them.'they are called Red Mud drt tires. here is a picture

Attachments

• 324158260_553885199745379_375899231381927201_n.jpg
    324158260_553885199745379_375899231381927201_n.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 17

Snowchief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One truck I run MasterCraft MXT and Cooper STT PRO on the other. Both are load range E, great in mud and snow especially when hogging out your own trail. Little noisy but not bad for in cab and for being mud terrains. Made in the USA by a USA company!

Last edited:

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Been running the Falken AT3/W for over two years now, great all around tire. I also tow quite a bit and like the tires so much I installed them on the trailer as well, have almost 10K on them and they are doing great.

Jtd0114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ho
I am looking for the unicorn of tires. I want a load range E that is excellent in snow/ice, good highway durability, rides good and is quite. Right now I am on a set of Cooper's and they are good for everything except snow. NEED Advice.

Jtd0114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 ho
I purchased Bridgestone Duravis M700 HD for my 2022 3500. Great ride, truck actually feels lighter when driving. Obviously much better tire than the POS factory tires that I had to replace at 26,500 miles. Have about 3000 miles on them so far and love the ride, handling in slick, rain soaked roads. Nice ride, quiet and great tread depth…much better ride when not pulling trailer and exceptional ride when pulling my 28ft car hauler. I pull my trailer 75% of the time and couldn’t be happier. Off-road probably 1%…And best part, my fuel mileage went up by 1.4-2.1 average on the 5 tanks of fuel I’ve purchased since buying tires. They weren't cheap, but with the fuel savings alone, well worth the spend.

Attachments

• IMG_9733.jpeg
    IMG_9733.jpeg
    169 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9731.jpeg
    IMG_9731.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9730.jpeg
    IMG_9730.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9732.jpeg
    IMG_9732.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9734.jpeg
    IMG_9734.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9735.jpeg
    IMG_9735.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 5

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I quit spending $1200 + on oversize tires for my 2500 4x4. I got on market place and found some GREAT TIRES NEAR HOUSTON FOR $600.00. The were brand new not 2nds. i looked up the manufascture and found out that most every tire in Americ are made in china. So discount tires, tire & battery, and all the other discount tire companies are taking your money. I have had these tires for close to 3 years and still have nipples on them.'they are called Red Mud drt tires. here is a picture
Not so. If, for example, you go to tirerack.com and find a tire you're interested in, then click on 'Specs' and scroll down to the bottom they will tell you what country the tire was manufactured in. This one, for example, is made in the USA...and many others are also.

OP
OP
D

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a set of Falken Wildpeak ATW3 tires just installed a week ago. So far so good.

Joizee camper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced the Falken Wildpeaks with Cooper AT3 XLT's. I wasn't happy with the Falkens as they were incredibly loud through their entire life. IMG_20240418_162739563.jpgthe treads were coming apart toward the end so it was time for new tires.
IMG_20240414_183906561.jpg

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Replaced the Falken Wildpeaks with Cooper AT3 XLT's. I wasn't happy with the Falkens as they were incredibly loud through their entire life. View attachment 541402the treads were coming apart toward the end so it was time for new tires.
View attachment 541401

Had a set of Coopers with VERY similar tread on an F250 SD some years back. HATED THEM in the snow - just about any amount of snow and I needed 4WD.

Have since pretty much run General Grabber AT2's (Now the ATx's) on everything, good tire on basically any surface, don't need 4WD until snow gets deeper than about 5 inches, have even clawed through some pretty good mud without 4WD. They're my go-to tire, used to be quite a bit cheaper than the very similar BFG AT TA/KOs, price is almost a wash now but the Generals seem to wear better.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Replaced the Falken Wildpeaks with Cooper AT3 XLT's. I wasn't happy with the Falkens as they were incredibly loud through their entire life. the treads were coming apart toward the end so it was time for new tires.
View attachment 541401
I don't think I've ever seen that. It looks like they molded a bald tire then glued the treads on afterward.

Lord Muta

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 & 2020
Engine
6.4L Hemi 5.7L Hemi
I have the coopers as well. I'm in AZ Phx valley and they perform amazaazing on dirt mud and road.......... I haven't been to the snow in these so I don't know on that part personally. but they are LOUD on the pavement now that they have 30k miles on them and about a little past half warn. My brother just got the Toyo Allterrain RT's they look good and he says they are very quite on the road... but they are new and that can change. haven't heard about any mud dirt or snow performance info from him on those. Hope you find a tire that does all the things you want them to.

~Muta