Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking for the unicorn of tires. I want a load range E that is excellent in snow/ice, good highway durability, rides good and is quite. Right now I am on a set of Cooper's and they are good for everything except snow. NEED Advice.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I second the above, snow or ice grip comes at the expense of quiet. Could consider a set of steel rims with snows and have your quieter tires on main rims. I have done that, makes a nicer ride for 10 months of the year.

OP
OP
D

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am looking at Falken wildpeak AT3W, At4W and BF Goodrich KO2 & KO3 tires so far. I have heard good things about all of them.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am looking at Falken wildpeak AT3W, At4W and BF Goodrich KO2 & KO3 tires so far. I have heard good things about all of them.

The Wildpeak At3W edges out the At4W as it relates to snow and road noise. If you do a lot of off road, then the 4 is better. My At3Ws are quiet.

OP
OP
D

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do virtually no off roading. I tow a camper during the summer months so that is also important.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
I run Ridge Grapplers. Trust this Florida boy when i say they suck in the rain. We get plenty of it.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I do virtually no off roading. I tow a camper during the summer months so that is also important.

Yep, like me. At3Ws! I’ve got 40,000kms (25,000 miles) on mine and lots of tread left. I pull an RV trailer in the summer too. I run 40 psi in the back and 45 psi in the front when I’m not pulling the trailer, I rotate my tires often, and I’m really happy with them. I’ll be buying them again when the time comes.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just got the Falken Wildpeak AT4W tires on my truck. I purchased them based on the reviews. Just a slight road noise over the factory tires. They look like they would be awesome in any conditions.

Red

IMG_9638.JPG

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I run the Falkens on my truck. My experience is they are loader than I would like, but they excel in everything else so I can live with it. Prior to these I had Toyo Open Country AT2s and they were the worst tire I have ever driven on wet roads, the Falkens are much better in everyway, except noise.

OP
OP
D

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pudge, how do they do in snow. My 2500 is the worst vehicle I ever owned in the snow.

OP
OP
D

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I will probably go with them based on the ratings I am seeing. Do they do ok when towing and how is the noise level?

NotSoFast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I mostly love my Cooper Discoverer AT3s. They are quieter than the OEM tires, & WAY better in snow. As a 10-ply tire, they are very resistant to sway. That's real important for my situation, because I use my 2500 diesel for towing more than not. But they won't qualify for the OP's unicorn status, at least the way I run them. I keep them inflated pretty hard because over half of the time I am towing. So they transmit potholes and ruts. They are pretty good on washboard, but I only tow slowly on washboard to avoid beating up the trailer too bad.

OP
OP
D

drtumolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Cooper Discover AT3 is what I currently have on my truck but I dont like there snow traction. Good when new but dropped off quickly as the tires got worn. I just ordered the Falcon AT3W tires and hopefully have better luck with them.

texcwa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L HO
I agree with others, I tow a 16k fifth wheel over several summit passes several times a year and drive my truck as a daily the rest of the time. I only run Cooper Discoverer AT3 xlt due to their load rating, quite ride, great mileage and have had no issues in the snow (compared to other tires I have used in the past).

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

I use the Falken wildpeak AT3 on all my trucks. 3-peak rated and does very well

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Living in Canada, I looked at the KO twos but I settled Cooper Tires - Discoverer AT3 XLT they are true 4 season tires I got 80 000 km on the last pair now I am on the second pair , almost no road noise and are good in mud and hiway.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat