Tonneau Cover ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hylander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at the Bak MX4 and the Revolver.
Any input from actual owners?
Looking for security and best to keep out rain.

El Guapo Phil

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a water resistant roll-up tonneau cover on the Ram. Some dirt does get in and does some water. With the cargo liner, the water is not an issue for me. The rainy season for me is May through October. Not an issue.

The cover has two latches and a release lever. The Ram's tailgate locks.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both are great covers from a great brand. For security and water resistance the best option of the 2 would be the revolver X4S. Message me if you would like a quote on anything.

OP
OP
Hylander

Hylander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies.
I just ordered the MX4 along with other items from Amazon.
All items were discounted and free shipping

OP
OP
Hylander

Hylander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my Cover today.
Should get my tailgate lock, bed & tailgate caps tomorrow.

OP
OP
Hylander

Hylander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got it installed.
First the Good:
Every thing arrived complete and in good condition.
I like the looks and I think my stuff will be more secure and most of the rain kept out.
And the Bad:
First when they say 30-60 Minute install, They Lie.
That would be the best case perfect scenario, which almost never happens.
Actual install time by myself was about 2 hr., and I have been working on cars since I was 12.
First off they don't tell you that in my case 07 Ram you have to install bed rail shims which are just dense foam strips and they only give you six short pieces, when in actuality you need to run the strip all the way down the rails. I made enough from the other shims I did not need for the other possible scenario. Also for best install these shims need to be installed on the bed itself under the bed caps if you have them, luckily I as replacing my bed caps with new ones anyway.
Also if you do not have bed caps you will need to install more shims on the Bak rails before install.
Installing the Bak rails:
You install 6 clamps, I think you should install 8, to me using only 3 per side puts them to far apart. I will contacting them to see if I can buy 2 more clamps.
The specs say to torque the clamps to 10 ft lb., not enough.
as others have mentioned, all the aluminum edges are rough with burrs, all the pre drilled holes were rough and some full of shaving, all of this have to be cleaned up.
Installing the Top:
This went fairly smooth except I had to adjust the latches on the second panel to latch proper.
Now the big issue is that the cover need to be about .5 to 1" longer as the the last panel only covers about .5" of the tailgate, does not touch tail gate.
So I will have to figure out a way to seal the tail gate.
Also installed the Bully Tailgate Lock, that went perfect.
Will takes pics tonight and add them.

Brandon Kroeger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6l v6
I have a 2006 1500 that doesnt have a lock on its tailgate... Was it easy swapping the handle for a locking one? Or did you have to tare the tailgate apart?