Tow haul/traction control/ heated seat/ heater steering button not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matrix001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
penstar 3.6
I have a ram 1500 classic. I just noticed my Tow haul/traction control/ heated seat/ heater steering buttons are not working. Heated seats and heated steering can be turned on from the screen through apps but buttons are not working. Moreover, my 2wd 4wd and neutral buttons don’t have power either. Gear shifter is working fine. Does anyone know about this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Sounds like an electrical issue. If you're still under warranty I'd have the dealer look at it, if you aren't you'll need to look for blown fuses first, then chase wires looking for burnt/broken/melted/loose wires and connectors. With so many switches not lighting up I'd say it's not the switches, and if the heated seats/wheels can be turned on from the screen then I'd say it's not the body module.

Theonewinks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had similar issue with my 16 laramie. started with intermittent issue with no power at hvac controls. hvac would still work with the touch screen, but no power to the buttons, then the issue moved to the shifter, and seemed to only happen when sitting in the sun parked and the inside of the cab got hot, wiggling shifter would sometimes get it working, then it totally failed and also lost power to obd port. ended up being failed wiring and connectors under the fuse box.

OP
OP
M

Matrix001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
penstar 3.6
Update : I checked the wires behind the panel and they were all in good condition and were connected properly then I checked all the connections under the steering wheel column, tried taking out few plugs and connected them back and then I checked and my buttons started working again. Probably something was loose or I mistakenly pulled something while trying to connect alfa obd wires. Fortunately, everything is working now. Thank you

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat