2014 1500 Tow/Haul and traction control not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmayo2811

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought a 2014 1500 express about 4 months ago, I've had a few problems so far, I went to go tow a trailer and pressed the tow/haul button it didn't light up at all, neither did the traction control. but the trailer brake did work. i think ive checked the right fuses. the ones i checked werent blown. ive also pulled the panel for the head unit to make sure it wasnt un plug. i just dont know what to do.

ram-1500-2014-059-9057-640.jpg the panel looks roughly like this.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I bought a 2014 1500 express about 4 months ago, I've had a few problems so far, I went to go tow a trailer and pressed the tow/haul button it didn't light up at all, neither did the traction control. but the trailer brake did work. i think ive checked the right fuses. the ones i checked werent blown. ive also pulled the panel for the head unit to make sure it wasnt un plug. i just dont know what to do.

View attachment 532620 the panel looks roughly like this.
Have you checked for any codes relating to loosing communication with a module? Do any of the other buttons on the panel work?

OP
OP
B

bmayo2811

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have checked the entire head unit and all the other buttons worked. i have got coded but i dont remember what the paper said.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
i have checked the entire head unit and all the other buttons worked. i have got coded but i dont remember what the paper said.
Ok, so the only two buttons you have on that lower panel are "tow haul" and "traction control" and neither are working?

OP
OP
B

bmayo2811

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, so the only two buttons you have on that lower panel are "tow haul" and "traction control" and neither are working?
to the left there’s the trailer brake and that all works. those ones are the only ones that are there