Track stalling need help figuring it out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vsixx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2009 Dodge ram 1500 it has the 5.7 hemi. I have change map sensor crank sensor cam sensor new alternator new fuel pump IAC Sensor, new spark plugs and my truck will start up. Perfect. There’s no missing it. Idles good sounds good. If I let it idle for about 10 minutes it was shut off like you turn the key off but you can start it right back up and it stops at stop light. Stop signs and just shuts off for no reason I have to hold the break and give it a little gas so it won’t shut off, I’ve hooked it up to a scanner and There’s no code

OP
OP
V

Vsixx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s a built-in build filter in the fuel pump, so all that is brand new

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Bad or cold solder joint somewhere.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s a built-in build filter in the fuel pump, so all that is brand new
You might want to check that, almost all Dodge products I have had, had the pump filter, but that's just a large particle screen. The real filter may be along the drivers side frame rail.... that's where I found it on a caravan I had.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Op is correct. Fuel filter is on the pump inside the fuel tank. No external filter on gas models.

If I was you I would start simple. Check your intake manifold bolts. They are known to loosen over time. You might have a vaccum leak. Don't go gorilla, torque is 96 to 108 inch lbs

You mentioned replacing lots of parts, were they all Mopar factory parts or aftermarket? It's been my experience that our Mopars are finicky beasts. Aftermarket doesn't work all the time. Especially with the IAT.

Have you cleaned your throttle body? Necessary maintenance given the pcv routing of crankcase vapors.

Have you examined your TIPM? Known wear item on 09 through 12 models. Perhaps yours is starting to fail.

My suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357