Trade-in Lease or Purchase Ram? Wrangler? (Stuck..)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarx9002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
I really am stuck in a dilemma! I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn Night Edition - Crew Cab with the big bed. I love the truck... BUT the two things I really want in a truck I do not have....Leather Seats and the 12 inch nav. My lease payment right now is just shy of $500.

I'm stuck in between a few things right now...

1. buying out my truck now which would be about $31,000 and upgrading the seats and nav
2. trying to get into a lease like a Laramie (if I can find something on a deal)
3. Go with a vehicle I have never had and get a 2020 used Wrangler Sahara for around the same price.

(I know the question is a loaded question...) But looking to see if anyone fits in any of those three categories and can talk from experience?

Just chatting here. Appreciate your time!

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
^^^ This is good advice!

I personally have no use for Jeep's but that just me, period!
I'm not a small man, and I prefer a sizeable vehicle that affords me many options for its useage and its comfort, too.

I love the space and usefulness of a truck, and a V8 HEMI ;)

The Jeep's don't really save on fuel in too many ways if that's an angle of consideration.

As for the 12" head unit... you're likely going to get disappointed either way as the UConnect system is inherently flawed and has been since...forever!!!

If you want pomp and size, look to an aftermarket 10"+ floating screen (Kenwood comes to mind) and you'll be very happy with that upgrade, in my personal opinion.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You could get a gladiator
If you like your truck do the buy out. Best used car you’ll ever buy. If you want leather, check out katzskin leather seat covers. The larger screen is not something that really interests me so can’t comment on that.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
You could get a gladiator
If you like your truck do the buy out. Best used car you’ll ever buy. If you want leather, check out katzskin leather seat covers. The larger screen is not something that really interests me so can’t comment on that.
Yessss..
Forgot about the Katskinz seat covers... been a long while since I was in the LX/LC platform...
This is a fantastic upgrade option!

Tom Davis

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If you like what you have then having your seats redone shouldn't be that expensive. As for NAV is you have Apple Car Play or Android Auto Waze is fantastic, and the reis also Google Maps (and I am sure there are others). Waze will steer you around accidents, let you know when there are hazards on the road, etc. I have even had it tell me one time that there was a live animal ahead and just up the road was a deer standing n the side of the road.