Tranny Issues, electrical?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMShemis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Little while ago truck with 545rfe started shifting and driving weird, ended up being output sensor, replaced and fixed. And then about a few months after that the i got an other issue with it, where i’ll be driving and it will just throw itself out of gear and keep doing it and not drive correctly. But all i had to do was pull over restart the truck and it would work fine again. I just lived with the issue for a while until i decided to try replacing the shift pack solenoid in it to fix the issue. It seemed to work better but the issue still persisted. It only got progressively worse but could still pull over and restart to get back up and running perfectly fine. Eventually something just completely gave after a long time and now it’s consistent. I can drive it perfectly fine for maybe up to 2nd or 3rd gear then once it tries to get up to the higher gears it cannot shift right at all it will just bounce around sometimes staying in gear for a second sometimes not. Eventually it will learn that it can’t use those gears and it will just ride in a lower gear and you can take it anywhere. Issue seemed to be worse when it was hot outside. Any ideas?

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try to scan it with a scanner that can read trans codes? does fluid look or smell burnt and how many miles on the truck?