Trick to control power to upper power port.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBelt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
Not sure if this is already well documented and well known, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Just installed the Trigger 4 wireless switched device controller in my 21 2500 Lariat. Easy install. Waterfowler41 posted a nice install video on the install in this section. However, he has a 1500 Rebel, so I knew I needed to find a different fuse to connect the yellow trigger wire to.

I found something very useful while investigating which switched fuse I wanted to use. If your truck has the 12v power outlet in the upper tray on top of the dash, it probably comes from the factory with the power port on all the time. I have my radar detector currently plugged in there (will direct wire later). I would like the port to be switched 12v. Well, killed 2 birds with this find. Fuse 90/91 controls that power port. That fuse position actually is a 2 way fuse setup. It comes shifted to the right which has the power port always on. If you pull the 20A fuse and move it to the left position, the power port is now switched with the ignition. So, you can choose how the power port behaves!

Hope you find this as useful as I did.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Not sure if this is already well documented and well known, but I thought it was worth sharing.

Just installed the Trigger 4 wireless switched device controller in my 21 2500 Lariat. Easy install. Waterfowler41 posted a nice install video on the install in this section. However, he has a 1500 Rebel, so I knew I needed to find a different fuse to connect the yellow trigger wire to.

I found something very useful while investigating which switched fuse I wanted to use. If your truck has the 12v power outlet in the upper tray on top of the dash, it probably comes from the factory with the power port on all the time. I have my radar detector currently plugged in there (will direct wire later). I would like the port to be switched 12v. Well, killed 2 birds with this find. Fuse 90/91 controls that power port. That fuse position actually is a 2 way fuse setup. It comes shifted to the right which has the power port always on. If you pull the 20A fuse and move it to the left position, the power port is now switched with the ignition. So, you can choose how the power port behaves!

Hope you find this as useful as I did.

Your "21 2500 LARIAT" ??!!
How dare you! lol

MTRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your fuse box in the cab or in the engine compartment?

MTRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member