Trouble With Folding Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
A few weeks ago I got in my truck and attempted to fold the passenger side mirror using the power folding function. The mirror attempted to fold inward but when it got to its most inward position it began to cavitate and eventually stopped moving. It did not lock inward all the way, and when I tried to power fold it outward it moved but did not lock all the way out. So, I made an appointment at the dealership to have them look at it. While waiting for my appointment, I manually folded the mirrors when needed. Today ( dealer apointment scheduled for tomorrow), I tied the power fold and everything worked properly. I open and closed the passengerside mirror 15 to 20 times and it worked properly. Did this mirror self heal, or did I somehow reset it by manually folding it?

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe I have read where the mirror will sometimes go out of sync with how far it is to close and actually hit the glass/door on some vehicles and will "relearn" after folding them in and out as you did. The dealer is going to give you a blank stare and your gonna waste your time because all they are going to offer you is a new $800 mirror. If its now working leave it alone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357