Power folding mirror upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Benny,

Reaching out to you for some help. I have been reading so many posts regarding mirror upgrades that my head is spinning.

I am looking to do a power folding mirror upgrade on my 2023 Classic. Looking at $ conversion rates and shipping to Australia it will not be cheap. So I am looking at used local options for at least the mirrors and once that is sorted, I can order the door modules and switch through you. I have limited options to choose from as we only import a half a dozen models.
I chose the Laramie non tow mirrors because they have power fold, heated, turn signal, puddle lamp and hopefully I can get the tilt in reverse working.

I have been able to find 2x used Laramie mirrors locally, I am told they are in good condition, but they are from different donor vehicles.
Checking the build sheets both have the same mirror options. This does not list actual part numbers though so I can't tell if they are a match.

Donor1 vin: 3C6UR5FLXJG161336
Donor2 vin: 1C6RR7NT8LS155926

I have OBD2 MX+ and security bypass cable and will use Alpha OBD to do the programming with the information from this site once I can get all of the parts sorted.

Thanks

Attachments

• 3C6UR5FLXJG161336.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1C6RR7NT8LS156926.pdf
    8.5 KB · Views: 8

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,
Assuming the Second VIN is 1C6RR7NT8LS156926 like the PDF shows both of these trucks use the same part number mirrors:

68338375AG
68231242AM

Door modules and switch would be

I would make sure that Alfa has no issue working on an Export VIN as I assume that's what your truck will show. I doubt it will be an issue but better to make sure before you buy any parts.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at this time.
Thanks,
-Benny

OP
OP
Choicebro

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Benny,

Thank you for the reply, looks like my proof reading is no good.
The number is correct as per the PDF.

I have ordered the mirrors from the local supplier.
Once the order is confirmed I will order the door modules and switch.
Can you also advise if textured black covers are also available for these?

I am looking into using a US based freight forwarding company to help reduce the freight cost for me, unless you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Hi,
The mirror covers are not available as a separate item on those style mirrors.

If you received a quote already from our website send me your email address so I can look it over. Typically freight forwarders are cheaper.

- Benny

OP
OP
Choicebro

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Benny,

Thanks for the update. I have placed the order for the modules and switch. I decided to pay the freight from your site since the items were small, it was within my budget.

Thanks again for your help.

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Thank you, We appreciate the support!

- Benny