Truck Honks When I Get Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbear007007

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 sport crew
Engine
This is a 22 and newer thing. Most owners hate it, and I mean by a wide margain. There is a survey on a different Ram forum that Ram Cares started about it. It's like 200 to 3.

A work around is kind of odd but I've tested the last couple of days and it works. Hold the keyfob against the window glass of the drivers side back seat door as you shut the front door. No 3 honks of the horn.

Ya I hate this 3 honk thing on 2023 rubicon and my 2024 ram gt especially late at night/early morning. It's annoying and no reason...maybe if I left keys inside I could understand this...doors should lock tho unless u hit manual lock as I tend to do all the time unfortunately lol. On my last 2015 ram I hot the manual lock button all the time...the 24 gt seems to be slightly different location and I don't hit lock on way out now. Wish the 3 honk could be turned off in settings and Ram would do an update to use on radio to disable

dashbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I just mentioned this again to my wife this morning. She stayed in the truck with the A/C while I got out to go into the pharmacy and get a script. I forgot the fob on my belt and when I shut the door I got the 3 honks. I have been through every page in my Uconnect settings a bunch of times and there is no way to disable it so I'm stuck with either having it honk, leaving my key in the truck while it's running, or shutting off and restarting the truck - which gets old after a while and wears on your starter when you're getting in and out frequently to go through gates. Or leave the door open when it's raining.

Thank you for your response.