Truck runnings lights not working, trailer does though

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jake mcgee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I added new after stock rear lights to my truck and built a new bed. I hard wired the new lights in and added one of those multi function strip light to my trailer plugin. now everything works but the trucks back runnings lights including the top cab one. The trailer runnings lights always work and headlights do. What could be the problem?

kctunnelrat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9 24V
So I added new after stock rear lights to my truck and built a new bed. I hard wired the new lights in and added one of those multi function strip light to my trailer plugin. now everything works but the trucks back runnings lights including the top cab one. The trailer runnings lights always work and headlights do. What could be the problem?
so im gonna initially post on here to follow the post cause I as well don't really have the best working tail lights, my brake lights and running lights work, however my turn signals don't, when I got under the truck, it was a rats nest and I haven't found a good wiring diagram just yet to get it all back together correctly. I also have a 7 way for my goose neck that's been disconnected, but my 4 way to my pull behind trailer works but still no turn signal.

also my reverse lights don't work lol