Truck shakes at highway speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I had two rims straightened on my truck within the first year, which helped a lot with a high-speed vibtation. Diagnosed it by putting the rear axle on jackstands and idling the truck in gear—runout was close to 3/8”. Ordered a new wheel to replace one of the bent ones, my wheel shop found the new one was bad and straightened it. I still have one that needs to be looked at but am waiting until I mount new tires. Truck has never been off-roadbed or run through potholes. I’m not impressed with the OEM rims and will be looking at aftermarket if I have to have more rims straightened.

Best,
DG

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have someone else drive it down the highway and follow in another car. Watch the tires and wheels. You should see the problem.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A hunter Road force balancer should pick that up if the operator takes the time to do it saving ya lots of time. It checks for things like that .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley