Uconnect 5 head unit for 2021 Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcsnet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if the 8.4 stock radio head unit from a 2022 Ram with Uconnect 5 will work in a 2021 1500? I am looking to get wireless CarPlay without getting an aftermarket brand and losing Nav etc..Thanks

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
The harness is different. It would be quite a challenge to get it done I think.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep in mind that each radio is paired to the specific vehicle. Installing an OEM head unit from one vehicle to another requires pairing the radio to the new vehicle. Without the security pairing you will not have some functionality. The dealer can pair the radio but there will be hoops to jump through and money to be given.

TheRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't let the nay sayers tell you it cannot be done. it's really an easy process. You need the radio/screen for the upgrade and a custom radio harness and usb harness that is available on Ebay for about 100 bucks. done and done. I've upgraded 2019-2021 trucks from 5in to everything better, and 19-21 trucks to UC5 systems with no issues.

Jrico98x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 etorque
Don't let the nay sayers tell you it cannot be done. it's really an easy process. You need the radio/screen for the upgrade and a custom radio harness and usb harness that is available on Ebay for about 100 bucks. done and done. I've upgraded 2019-2021 trucks from 5in to everything better, and 19-21 trucks to UC5 systems with no issues.
You wouldn’t mind pointing me in the right direction, I’m planning on buying a what could possibly be a UC5 8.4”, planning to installing it in my uc4 5.0” 2021 ram 1500.
I was in the market for doing an upgrade when I got the truck but when I found out it’s over 1000 for oem parts and harness I had to stop. I found a deal on marketplace and like I mentioned I believe it’s a uc5 from the other parts he’s selling and I just started looking into it so far, only the HD community has it figured out, but I think that’s a whole different ball game.