Unity A-Pillar spotlights on a 4th gen - your experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoParts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HD
I had a spotlight like this on an old police interceptor I used to own, and would really like to have one or two on my Ram:

330-series-spotlight-web.jpg

Unity Product Page

We had a lot of fun with it back in the day but these days I have a lot of practical uses, from checking my road drainage at night in the rain to assessing slides or downed trees or even just having a flexible work light when I am out in the woods it would be super handy.

I have not seen one installed in a 4th gen Ram though. If anyone has pics of the inside and outside I would love to see how it fits given the grab handle location.

Also I am curious about wind noise with the combination of this and tow mirrors. It wasn't bad on the Monaco but I'm guessing it depends on the specific vehicle's airflow.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would look at the Unity web site application guide. I'm pretty sure they are available, and the new ones now offer the lamp in LED.

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
they do have them for our trucks. they even have an led version. $450! you can buy alot of nice hand held led spot lights for that.

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Experience with the PAR 46 led spotlight is that its not. Superbright but just a floody light. PAR 46 halogen has a better throw without the flood effect of the LED. We liked the LED on a traffic stop since it really flooded the car but the approaching cars in the opposite lane got lit up as well.
If you want reach, halogen. LED hasn't got there yet.

OP
OP
MoParts

MoParts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HD
Thanks gents, I know they are available, I was looking for someone with direct experience who could answer a couple of questions. Also interested in how they hold up in the car wash.
Someone offers them. Even if you get the universal kit it has been done.
Thanks for the vid, looking closely at certain points I was able to see where the inside handle rides in relation to the wheel -- not a ton of room in that area but seems to be out of the way. Very helpful.

Experience with the PAR 46 led spotlight is that its not. Superbright but just a floody light. PAR 46 halogen has a better throw without the flood effect of the LED. We liked the LED on a traffic stop since it really flooded the car but the approaching cars in the opposite lane got lit up as well.
If you want reach, halogen. LED hasn't got there yet.
Thanks Philly, very good to know. I was thinking that the H3 version I linked to -- at half the price of the LED version -- would be the way to go. The interceptor had a very weak sealed beam initially, I first upgraded to a KC Daylighter bulb then later to a Q-beam 400,000 candlepower bulb. I can try a lot of H3 LED bulbs for the price difference...

I still have the Q-beam but it doesn't hold itself while I climb up or down embankments, operate the chainsaw, etc. nor do my flashlights. Also I want to be able to light up downed trees, slides, wrecked cars etc. in pouring rain without having to open a window or door. Sometimes I need to sit and monitor something while waiting for first(ish) responders(maybe in pouring rain).

Not everyone lives on a remote mountaintop in such rugged terrain, not everyone would assess this upgrade in the same way. Some people might prefer to spend thousands on stuff that I would see as pointless, like low profile offroad tires and huge shiny rims and that's OK. My truck has to serve MY needs. Like an old friend used to say, "Chrome don't get ya home".

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Operated emergency vehicles for 40 years. Never had any leakage issues.